WCQF: Wild vs. Stars Series Discussion

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali
Can we dope up Parise because that's our only chance. Stoll is somehow playing, he better score a hat trick to make up for his horrid play. Also, fletch should be fired especially for trading Burnzie. Take him back over Coyle any day of the week :shakehead

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Credit to Torch again BTW guys... he put in Schroeder and he scored a goal! He put in Stoll and he didn't play as bad as before he was benched... Torch still showing he knows the buttons on this team.

I know some of you have already said he has no shot at the job, but I think he is showing he is absolutely a legit candidate. He could turn out to be a quality coach once he builds a staff of his own.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Credit to Torch again BTW guys... he put in Schroeder and he scored a goal! He put in Stoll and he didn't play as bad as before he was benched... Torch still showing he knows the buttons on this team.

I know some of you have already said he has no shot at the job, but I think he is showing he is absolutely a legit candidate. He could turn out to be a quality coach once he builds a staff of his own.

Only way he's got a shot is if he wins this series. I've not been impressed by him at all. His Prosser obsession needs to stop.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Did the Granlund - Koivu - Jones line play together extensively or for just periods of the game?

Hadn't even heard of Jones before this game.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
I hope to hear at least one Prince song at the X Sunday. "Let's go crazy" would be appropriate.

I'd make it part of the intro, and play songs throughout the game. Place will go berserk.

Game 4 for me was the least "intense" playoff game I've been to in the last 4 seasons. It just didn't seem as tense for some reason, but Game 6 sure as hell will be.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Did the Granlund - Koivu - Jones line play together extensively or for just periods of the game?

Hadn't even heard of Jones before this game.

Haven't been paying much attention this year? Jones has played every game since the trade deadline after we got him from Calgary.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Granlund beasting it. 1g, 1a, 4 shots, and his 25mins of icetime led all forwards. Koivu was next closest at 23:34mins.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
If the Granlund move is mainly because he's at wing, he can play that way more often during a season.

If it's not strictly that I think that he can't play this way for a whole season because he'll get hurt playing as physically as he is this series because he's not a big body and eventually over 82 games he'll get taken out.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
If the Granlund move is mainly because he's at wing, he can play that way more often during a season.

If it's not strictly that I think that he can't play this way for a whole season because he'll get hurt playing as physically as he is this series because he's not a big body and eventually over 82 games he'll get taken out.

Well... we know it's not ONLY because he's on wing, because he has played at this elevated level at center in the post season in the past as well...

That doesn't mean that we shouldn't try him long term on the wing to see if he can carry this level into the regular season like we need.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
Well... we know it's not ONLY because he's on wing, because he has played at this elevated level at center in the post season in the past as well...

That doesn't mean that we shouldn't try him long term on the wing to see if he can carry this level into the regular season like we need.

True, in past playoff runs he's elevated his game, but I don't think I'd say he had been the player of the series in those, and in this one I think he has been.

That said, I like him on the wing right now, I hope they stick with that going forward.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
True, in past playoff runs he's elevated his game, but I don't think I'd say he had been the player of the series in those, and in this one I think he has been.

That said, I like him on the wing right now, I hope they stick with that going forward.
He wasn't the player of the series because Zach was playing at a high level... Zach is absent, so now Granlund is taking up the best forward role right now, though not the most productive... but the most impactful.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad