WCQF/PDSF: (P1) Calgary Flames vs (WC2) Colorado Avalanche | COL Leads 3-1 (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schred

Sep 6, 2017
Go Flames Go! It's not over till that fat lady sings boys! Hoping we finally show up for a game. If not, avs have played great, and deserve to move on anyways.
Win or lose, it's been the best regular season of Flames hockey in my life and I'm okay with that lol

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I think what we're seeing here is one coach just plain outsmarting the other. It's not a coincidence Gaudreau has been completely erased this series, Avs knew exactly what to do to shut him down and they've done a great job of it through 4 games. I'm extremely surprised how horrible Calgary's defense has been though, they have no answer for the Avs speed. I knew Nathan MacKinnon was the best player going into this series, but I was not expecting him to be this dominant. I should have known, the kid lives for big games.

It ain't over until it's over and the Avs are going to see a desperate Calgary team tonight. We need Grubauer to be on his game tonight.

I want to see an OT game with an Ian Cole penalty and an Avs goal immedialty after they kill the PP :sarcasm:

Reactions: MacBradley

Mac2Rants

Sep 25, 2017
NS
He's been great for 15 games or so
Yes, Hes been rock solid past 19 games lowest save % in his last 19 games is .903 and only three total under .926 in that span also. And a .948 sv % in those 19

I really, REALLY didn't like his game at all first looked like he wasn't even close to an AHL caliber goalie. If he can continue anything close to this next season the Avs have they're #1 for the next 6-8 years.

Last edited:

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I think the flames first line picks it up today and gives smith a bit of a break. Flames 4-2. Series heads back to Colorado with a decent amount of pressure on the Avs to close it out at home.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Also for the Flames fans who think the reffing has been clearly biased towards us, we’ve only gotten 1 more PP opportunity than you guys. Reffing isn’t the issue here I’m sorry.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
The biggest question is - which Mike Smith shows up tonight?

If he plays well , I think Calgary wins game 5.

At this point, I don't think that should even be a question. Smith has been exceptional in this series and dialed in, surprisingly the biggest question mark for the Flames became the answer, while the answers for the Flames have become the question.

I don't have a lot of hope for my Flames, I'm hoping that they show some pride and desire and extend this series. But Colorado has been dialed in and knocked the Flames off of their game.

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
At this point, I don't think that should even be a question. Smith has been exceptional in this series and dialed in, surprisingly the biggest question mark for the Flames became the answer, while the answers for the Flames have become the question.

I don't have a lot of hope for my Flames, I'm hoping that they show some pride and desire and extend this series. But Colorado has been dialed in and knocked the Flames off of their game.

Anything can happen. I felt the same way with my Sharks and we went ahead and played our hockey and got the win. Closing out a team isn’t easy in this league. Desperate teams are fueled when their backs are against the wall.

Anything can happen tonight.

Reactions: cgf and MacBradley
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad