WCQF Game 5: Jets vs Blues | 7:30pm CT | USA,CBC, TVAS, SN360, FS-MW

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Regardless how this series goes down I want Maurice fired.

He is a worthless coach.

Two factors here:

1) he is undoubtedly one of the worst coaches in the league
2) the jury is still very much out on how much impact the coach can actually have on a team, given issues of player talent and variance being much more significant.

Having said that, is there a current NHL coach that wouldn't be an upgrade on Maurice? The only worse one during the year I could think of was Todd "optics is for nerds, Russell is actually good IDGAF" McLellan.

At the end of the day, I stand by position that virtually all head coaches have relatively insignificant statistical impact on the team, maybe even not justifying the cost against the cap (if they count?), and that true visionary geniuses like Nielsen or even Roy come around once a generation.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Kudos to the Blues. They never gave up. Jets this year cant hold a lead to save their lives. Need new coaching and a better mix of smart 200 foot players.
I am very sad.

Kreegz2

Dec 11, 2011
At the end of the day, I stand by position that virtually all head coaches have relatively insignificant statistical impact on the team, maybe even not justifying the cost against the cap (if they count?), and that true visionary geniuses like Nielsen or even Roy come around once a generation.

So would you say that Torterella's coaching had little impact on the Blue Jackets' victory over the Lightning?

bluefan

Nov 18, 2011
Not luck. Bennington is way better.

He's carrying for sure, just like how Helle did for us last playoffs. Hopefully your GM doesn't give him a $6.1M multi year contract after one good season like ours did. And the time before that with Pavelec. I can still feel the pains from that one.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

Matt24

Apr 8, 2013
Some of the saves Binnington has made in this series are pure luck and he is playing at an unsustainable level.

His luck will run out eventually in the playoffs and he will get figured out.
So basically he’s this year’s Hellebuyck.

Reactions: Heldig

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
The funny thing is I see so many parallels between Leafs and Jets.

Ehlers/Nylander: Skilled “soft” Euros who disappear when games get tough.
Gardiner/Trouba: Skilled American dmen on expiring deals prone to big mistakes at worst times.
Two is so many? Lol

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
So would you say that Torterella's coaching had little impact on the Blue Jackets' victory over the Lightning?

Tortorella is one of the main reasons that Columbus beat Tampa and he is a really good coach.

Maurice is a clown and I wish we would have went after Trotz or Quenneville.

We are f***ed with this bum of a coach behind our bench.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Some of the saves Binnington has made in this series are pure luck and he is playing at an unsustainable level.

His luck will run out eventually in the playoffs and he will get figured out.

Okey dokey bud. At that point, the Jets will be out and you won't have to worry about it.

Reactions: RORbacon

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
Credit to Berube and the changes he made to spark the offense in the 3rd. Perron ROR Tarasenko looked good and Schenn really turned it on with Schwartz and Sunny/Steen. Need to see more of that from him.

Reactions: irunthepeg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad