WCQF Game 5: Jets vs Blues | 7:30pm CT | USA,CBC, TVAS, SN360, FS-MW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanembaria

Apr 8, 2016
I present to everyone the 2019 Winnipeg Jets. You can literally use both hands to count the number of times Jets let this exact scenario happen throughout the season hahaha.

I think this is the 11th time the Jets have lost this season leading into the third. So no, you can't count with two hands. Unless you're Amish.

TerminatorBlue

Nov 11, 2007
Canada
Just curious but how did Winnipeg choke? they were down 2 games and came back to tie the series...after coming back from being down 2-0 last game.

Besides the series isn't over yet

Reactions: Jets88

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
I can’t wait to destroy this thread tomorrow.

It's almost like anyone with a shred of wisdom was trying to say that the Blues weren't playing that bad and the 2-0 score (and concomitant % chance to win) didn't reflect the % of the play that each team carried. But I'm looking forward to seeing you here tomorrow. And if you win in 6, you'll have earned your chirps.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Just curious but how did Winnipeg choke? they were down 2 games and came back to tie the series...after coming back from being down 2-0 last game.

Besides the series isn't over yet

Because instead of losing the game in literal overtime, we lost it in practical overtime. Because somehow, in an evenly played game that's tied late in a 2-2 series that's been evenly played that was so close that bookies literally couldn't reach a consensus on a favorite, the mathematical fact that SOMEONE has to be up 3-2 after five games means we've choked. Because our two late blown third period leads mean that much more than St. Louis's two late blown third period leads.

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
It's almost like anyone with a shred of wisdom was trying to say that the Blues weren't playing that bad and the 2-0 score (and concomitant % chance to win) didn't reflect the % of the play that each team carried. But I'm looking forward to seeing you here tomorrow. And if you win in 6, you'll have earned your chirps.

Go back a few pages. I’d say about 90% of it is how garbage the Blues are.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
We all know this series is over.

I agree Boston can still win it...

I hope the Jets players don't share your thoughts on the matter, or it truly would be. The reality is, every game except game 4 has been a one goal game, and I feel like the Jets are the better team overall, but lack the consistency in their effort. That's something they can do something about if they want to. The Blues can't just magically become more skilled players.

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
From being down the whole game since 12 seconds in, to winning it with 15 seconds left. What a turnaround.

Matt24

Apr 8, 2013
I hope the Jets players don't share your thoughts on the matter, or it truly would be. The reality is, every game except game 4 has been a one goal game, and I feel like the Jets are the better team overall, but lack the consistency in their effort. That's something they can do something about if they want to. The Blues can't just magically become more skilled players.
Jets can still win but this has to be a pretty demoralizing loss, especially since it sort of encapsulates their biggest problem in the regular season. I’ll be very impressed if they can pull this off.

General Disarray

Jul 21, 2016
Toronto
The Jets are better on paper yes but hockey isn't played on player. Their goalie isn't built for the playoffs, their #1D is just waiting for the season to finish so he can go back to the US, while other top line players are soft as butter. Add to that the most average coach in the league.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Jets can still win but this has to be a pretty demoralizing loss, especially since it sort of encapsulates their biggest problem in the regular season. I’ll be very impressed if they can pull this off.

I don't like parroting the words of players who just got knocked out in 4 games, but as Crosby said, and I'm paraphrasing here, "we just have to take it one game at a time".

Win the next one, then worry about game 7 on home ice.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Just watched the GWG, WTF was Trouba doing on that play?

Looks like he's checking out someone in the stands and then is too late to cover his man in front, brutal

Dr Robot

Nov 3, 2011
Aside from game 3 its been pretty much completely even the entire series. Even game 3 just had all the bounces go in and a different set of officiating.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
The Jets are better on paper yes but hockey isn't played on player. Their goalie isn't built for the playoffs, their #1D is just waiting for the season to finish so he can go back to the US, while other top line players are soft as butter. Add to that the most average coach in the league.

I can't really comment on what Trouba was thinking at the time, but he's still a RFA for one more year. He's a Jet next season unless we trade him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad