Not open for further replies.

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
D4fMI80UwAIsvSw.jpg:large

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
We pretty much have to, though. With Allen on the books for another 2 seasons, we can't really afford to not lock up Binny. If he has a good year next year, we would be in a poor bargaining position to have to either pay up big time to keep him or lose him entirely. Though, that type of deal is why we have the Allen problem to begin with.

Allen is so horrible that you almost need to lock up a goalie, any goalie, that will give you 50th-60th percentile performance.

PS "The Hellebuyck we have now" had a rough adaption to the new equipment changes for 8 weeks to start the year, but was upper quartile SV% for the last four months in this calendar year, and has been the marginally better performing goalie this playoffs, and has been upper-third SV% his entire career in an actual meaningful sample size. So, when the person you're talking to says "you'd be stuck with 'our current Hellebuyck', understand that this isn't actually a bad thing.

Saitama

Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
I like how I said something positive about the Jets in our GDT that didn't say anything negative about the Blues and after the game a bunch of Blues fans came and liked it to rub it in. That's classy. Oh well, at least I've seen that there are a lot of decent Blues fans here.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I like how I said something positive about the Jets in our GDT that didn't say anything negative about the Blues and after the game a bunch of Blues fans came and liked it to rub it in. That's classy. Oh well, at least I've seen that there are a lot of decent Blues fans here.

The very same fans that wrote their team off.

Dr Robot

Nov 3, 2011
High Expectations + poor goaltending = new coach. I like what Berube has done but honestly it was Allen that sunk Yeo. Even if Bing is just league average that still a huge upgrade and probably all we need considering the potential the roster has.

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
Change " killing it " to " stealing it ".

Without Binnington the Blues do not make the playoffs or win a series in the playoffs.

1722a87e509985b5208d344a34939ee2.jpeg

Yeo being fired and replaced by Berube has as much to do with the Blues success as does Binnington doing what he's been doing since January.

High Expectations + poor goaltending = new coach. I like what Berube has done but honestly it was Allen that sunk Yeo. Even if Bing is just league average that still a huge upgrade and probably all we need considering the potential the roster has.

The Blues defensive system was atrocious up until Yeo was fired. It started improving afterward.

Reactions: Weiss1604

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Some of the saves Binnington has made in this series are pure luck and he is playing at an unsustainable level.

His luck will run out eventually in the playoffs and he will get figured out.
People been saying stuff like this since January. Welcome to the club kid.

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
Change " killing it " to " stealing it ".

Without Binnington the Blues do not make the playoffs or win a series in the playoffs.

1722a87e509985b5208d344a34939ee2.jpeg

Absolutely. Without him, that is a 3-0 game on the breakaway tonight and probably over. Not to mention game 1.

bluefan

Nov 18, 2011
We pretty much have to, though. With Allen on the books for another 2 seasons, we can't really afford to not lock up Binny. If he has a good year next year, we would be in a poor bargaining position to have to either pay up big time to keep him or lose him entirely. Though, that type of deal is why we have the Allen problem to begin with.

It's just my opinion but with goalies, I think slightly higher AAV with shorter terms is better. They are that one weird position that can carry at times but defensive numbers is a team game. I think Jets showed that with Hellebuyck last year and this year Isles are doing the same for Lehner.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Jets had that in the bag until that 4 minute PK by the Blues.

Jets were the better team for much of that game.

But the Blues looked dominant in the last 10 minutes.

I can see the Jets winning game 6 and then it’s back to Winnipeg.

This whole playoff season has been crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad