GDT: WCQF Game 5: Blues @ Jets I 7:30pm CT I Prelimination Game (ft. bonus gif party)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
I love the talk from some of Jets fans in the series thread downplaying Binnington lol. Blues winning in spite of Binnington and blah blah blah lol. I'll tell you this much if I'd rather have JB over the Jets goalie in any game/series.

Last edited:

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I don't think running 4LD and 2RD is to our advantage. Some posters will argue that playing your "off-side" is no big deal. I suggest that those posters have never played defense. It might work for one game, but running that formula for an extended period seems like a bad idea to me. Especially in such a high stakes environment.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bendak

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
The Thursday Night Miracle - wow, the Boys really proved what kind of team they are tonite.

My lovely wife is making some of her award-winning humble pie with a side dish of crow for me to chow down on today.

Never thought they would win this game after the Game Four loss. Incredible job by all the Blues, especially Coach Berube with the line changes, Binnington, Schenn and Schwartz.

Let's Go Blues!!

Reactions: simon IC

Hrkac Circus

Dec 11, 2014
Vienna, IL
RecklessIckyAmericanbadger-size_restricted.gif
Always thought a funny parody of this scene would be same shot followed by a shot showing the startled horsemen looking at their spears that now all have the ends cut off them. :laugh:

Reactions: AjaxManifesto

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
After the second period I decided to log out of this, just put my phone down, and watch. I had posted and thought enough negativity and just wanted to watch the game. Pretty remarkable 3rd period. I never bought into the idea that they “didn’t want it enough” any time they’re losing a game. And I think you saw that last night. They want it plenty. They just need their top guys to play like their top guys. I’m still apprehensive about Saturday, simply because they can never make things easy, but if they can get contributions from Schwartz and Schenn I feel much better about their chances.

Last edited:

Lakas

And i'll do it again in 2 minutes
Apr 7, 2016
Inunaki Village
I think he may have a game plan. On a lesser known Blues forum, one of the guys decided to switch seats in the 3rd, just like in one of the first two games.

So I'm gonna say, keep the superstitions alive!
I have a friend who didn't watch the third period last night... So now I might be doing a play by play this Saturday.

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
Crap. Sounds like Bortz was a healthy scratch and Chief was impressed with Gunnar. Not happy with this development.

I think if you look at game 4, and why they ground us down and wore us out, top of the list is inability to exit the zone. Bortuzzo wasn’t the worst offender I don’t believe, but if you look at the strengths and weaknesses of Borts and Gunnar’s game, this is where Gunnar has a pretty big advantage.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
barby.png

Just now end watching the game. That 2nd goal shows Barbashev's does make so odd bonehead passes somethimes. I remember he did same kind bonehead pass end of regular season games too. Review that play over and over, he simply turn out puck with out good reason. Get puck in deep or shoot the puck in the net, hold it near bluline board or pass it back to dmen, but instead of those all he tries to blind pass middle of ice. Ofc Edmundson played pretty softly there and give free walk to Hayes. Even that Barbashev could have play physical when he back down front of own net and maybe hold Hayes own rebound, but Barby just freez and watch out the play doing nothing. That is in my mind showing bad hockey IQ.

Last edited:
Reactions: HerpaDerp

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Not sure if this was posted but this from the story in the Post Dispatch. Check out these quotes:

Jets goalie Connor Hellebuyck wasn’t a big fan of the Schwartz goal, his first of the series and second game-winner of the season.

“Lucky pinballs,” Hellebuyck said. “The puck just bounced and ended up right on their tape. Tough to eat that one, but I thought we were the better team. If we keep fighting here, it’s not over.”

Your thoughts, Alex Pietrangelo?

“They can say that all they want,” Pietrangelo said. “Their first one’s a lucky bounce, too. He just throws the puck from the corner without looking and it goes right on the guy’s tape. They can make all the excuses they want but we found a way to score.”

Hey Hellebuyck, you mad, bro? Lol. Love Pietrangelo's comments on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad