GDT: WCF Game 3: Anaheim @ Chicago (Series 1-1) | 5/21/15 | 7:00 PM CDT | NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 151739

Hooray.

I've never been a big fan of him but I would have no ****ing problems with letting him go this summer. We'll see how he responds to this loss. If he doesn't change the lineup...

He's going to play Teuvo and Vermette and get praised for doing so.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
[mod] You like what you see? You like 5 goals in 12 periods? That doesn't win playoff series.

Last edited by a moderator:

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I think we get game 4 and then we'll see if their game 5-7 record holds up from historical perspective.

LysiakHook

May 9, 2014
I liked what Versteeg brought tonight. Some flailing, circular skating, a few falls. He was nails.

And Nordstrom at -2 for 6 minutes, in a game in which the team gave up just 2 goals. He added an element of solid play that can't be overstated.

Nothingman*

How? It's not like we were the Lightning the first two games with 80 and 86 filling the net and he benched them.

You take a C that wins face offs and board battles and replace him with ....KV? With a clear mind? Was Krissy gonna break the pictures out if he didn't play or something?

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
I'm sure the players are as mystified by these lineups as we are. Must be disheartening.

EmeticDonut

Oct 7, 2006
Just need to regroup. This is going to be a long series. Hawks always step up when they have to and wining game 4 is paramount.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
The way we are playing we will need a super human effort on Saturday, or put TT & Vermette back in if possible.

Something needs to be done.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Q didn't put his best team out there tonight. Poor decision on Verstewg and Nordstrom. But Timmo is still playing?

He has to. No other choice.

Timonen doesn't score goals. He was fine

The reality is that the Hawks best players have been bad. The Hawks have 5 goals in 12 periods. They've played 3 games. They've scored 1 goal in two of those games. Won't beat anyone scoring 1 goal a game

BobbleHeadNight*

You're seriously defending tonight's lineup? It made zero sense. Zilch. Nada.

You're wringing your hands over 3rd liners. Our top guys aren't putting the puck in the net. We're getting outworked almost to a man, and their goalie has been a freaking wall.

Maybe they're better. Maybe it's a long series and there will be ebbs and flows.

Nothingman*

You win a tough game and then downgrade your team with roster ****ing plugs? Q can go to pasture with two WCF of this ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad