GDT: WCF Game 3: Anaheim @ Chicago (Series 1-1) | 5/21/15 | 7:00 PM CDT | NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
You had the lineup you wanted the first two game and lost 4-1 and won a miraculous game in 3 OT. Stop acting like Q broke up the '96 Wings.

Game one score wasn't indicative of who dominated the play. Game two was a slug fest and hawks found a way to win. You don't make the team worse by scratching two guys for dudes who haven't played in over a month.

DrunkKaner88

Jan 5, 2014
It threw off the continuity of the whole team. The bottom 6 was neutered and the team as a result couldn't roll 4 lines effectively.

Hopefully he gets his head out of his ass and the lines go back to what they were. That's their only chance.

Nothingman*

You had the lineup you wanted the first two game and lost 4-1 and won a miraculous game in 3 OT. Stop acting like Q broke up the '96 Wings.

I swear you are Qs assistant the way you pump his tires no matter how ****ing stupid he is.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
even with the stupid lineup decisions, the Hawks just didn't seem to have much of anything tonight.

What do you mean by "even with" as if it is something positive, do you think that maybe the line up changes effected the game? There is absolutely no logic to that statement, none.

BobbleHeadNight*

It's close. I would concede they are better if the Hawks iced their best lineup. Unfortunately tonight that was not the case (and it wasn't in game 1 either).

Wait, what lineup did you want in game 1?

member 151739

Where's Brookbank and Handzus when you need them?

I'm not being serious.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014

Yeah, 1-1 on the road, an outcome everyone was happy with....Thanks for proving our point?

ndgt10

Jul 3, 2009
Poland
Series isn't over. Vegas has the Ducks as -200 to win the series after tonight, which equates to about a 66% chance they do.

Canadian Wampa

Feb 1, 2012
Our top six did basically **** all the first two games, and our bottom six plus Crawford carried us through to a win in the second. So Q goes out and messes up not 1, but both of the bottom six lines. We have a decently sized C who is good on faceoffs we could use? Naw let's use Shaw who sucks at C and was playing great on the fourth line. We have a skilled player who adds offends to the lineup? Naw let's replace him with a guy who can't even skate. That hole that was created on wing with Shaw moving to 3C? Let's fill it in with a guy whose only noteworthy thing all season was getting suspended, and let's play him six minutes.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014

Yep, definitely makes sense to break up a lineup that won 5 of 6 before they play a single shift against their latest opponents on home ice and you get to see how they handle preferred matchups.

Genius.

Worked out very well.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Was pumped up for the game, read about the lineup changes about 15 minutes before puck drop, had a fit, then all of a sudden felt calm because I kind of knew we were going to lose. I doubt I am alone in thinking we had little chance with those two ironing boards put in the lineup.

So what happens next game, does he switch back or will he say he thought Versteeg looked "dangerous" and leave it? He may have too much stubbornness to switch back.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
But guys what if Q doesn't go back to the old lineup for Game 4... :scared:

I can see it now:

"In a stroke of pure unadulterated genius coach Q inserts Vermette and Teravainen into the lineup and the Hawks surge to a victory to even up the series 2-2. What a savvy move from the veteran tactician and head coach of the Blackhawks."

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I try to not be too critical of Q considering that no coach is perfect, but tonight? **** him!

Taking Vermette (who has been our best faceoff man) and Tuevo out for Versteeg and Nordstrom was asinine. Not saying either player was bad tonight, but the players they replaced are easily the better players.

And our powerplay continues to impress. However unlike game 2, todays PPs impressed me more by how god awful they were.

Seriously, **** off Q.

Xinji

Apr 27, 2014
I just don't ****ing get it. The talk of the town leading up to this game was how the Hawks had home ice now and Q could make our top players shine with the last change.

What's he go and do? ****s everything up and pulls 2 able-bodied individuals off the ice and replaces them with wannabes. Sickening.. absolutely sickening. It's like his mentality was, "let's throw away the advantage I have now and make things more difficult than they need to be."

What a ****ing joke. The loss is AT LEAST 50% on Q.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I can see it now:

"In a stroke of pure unadulterated genius coach Q inserts Vermette and Teravainen into the lineup and the Hawks surge to a victory to even up the series 2-2. What a savvy move from the veteran tactician and head coach of the Blackhawks."

Bingo. And then they perhaps win the series. HOF coach.

BobbleHeadNight*

The one without #5 in it. I stated as much before the series even started.

Well, hopefully Q puts the right #6D and 4th liners in on Saturday who will magically wake up Kane, Toews, Hossa, Sharp, and Saad.

Marina

Mar 26, 2013
Florida
Vermette confirmed healthy. Q wanted fresh legs.

Old man Teuvo just can't handle the minutes apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad