GDT: WCF Game 2: Blues @ Sharks | 8pm NBCSN | Let's Try This Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Zamadoo

Hail to the CHIEF
Apr 4, 2013
As a great ghostbuster once said: "we came, we saw, we kicked their ass!"

Bobby B leading the charge. They were dropping like flies. Parayko even stung Vlasic with a wrister (reminds me of Hitch saying his wrister is as hard as many slap shots). Meier went out. Hertl was taken out by his own man.

They are weak, and we shall bludgeon them into submission.

In Chief we trust.

Hail to the Chief.

LGB!!!

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Yeah Jones is not an impediment, dude is beyond fortunate he hasn't seen more shots. No doubt we have the advantage in net based on what I've seen so far. In fact Binny just looks more and more confident at handling the puck as the PO's progress.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
Of the 7 goals he's given up so far, what 7 weren't a result of a turnover or a fluke?

I'll give you the first goal Saturday.
Just because it was turned over doesn't mean it wasn't a shot he could have stopped. He hasn't been bad by any means, but he certainly hasn't looked like he did in the Jets or Dallas series. I mean the kid has played close to 50 games since the start of the year which is insane. He's gotta be a little fatigued.

LBlues24

May 3, 2017
I still want to see Thomas moving up the roster and getting 20 minutes

Would love to see him with Schwartz/Schenn. But I think it’s hard to pull him away from that current line. They’ve just been too good. Unless we can double shift him now and then? He’s obviously on young legs and hasn’t played big minutes.

Just don’t see it happening though, which is fine. We need more offence from RW1 and RW2 however

Reactions: CoMoBlues

Chet Manly

Feb 25, 2015
Saint Louis
Yeah Jones is not an impediment, dude is beyond fortunate he hasn't seen more shots. No doubt we have the advantage in net based on what I've seen so far. In fact Binny just looks more and more confident at handling the puck as the PO's progress.

I actually think tonight was the first time binny showed a little uncertainty.

NBC Dude: "The Blues got away with one tonight"
NBC Chick: "That's for sure."

Huh?

Beat me to it. They all sounded REALLY pumped that the blues won tonight...

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
I’m not going to say the Blues dominated but I guess I don’t see this win as being as ugly as others here. There’s things to be cleaned up, for sure, but I thought as the game went along the team got much better. Outside of a 2 minute stretch San Jose wasn’t exactly lighting the world on fire either. Fix the PP and keep putting pucks on Jones because he does not look good at all.

I agree. Once they gave up the 2nd goal, they played a solid game, at least when they weren’t on the PP. Something to take home with them and build on. It was definitely shaky the first 30 minutes.

Reactions: Zamadoo

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Would love to see him with Schwartz/Schenn. But I think it’s hard to pull him away from that current line. They’ve just been too good. Unless we can double shift him now and then? He’s obviously on young legs and hasn’t played big minutes.

Just don’t see it happening though, which is fine. We need more offence from RW1 and RW2 however

I don’t see Berube breaking up the Bozak line either. He certainly has played well enough to deserve more ice time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad