GDT: WCF Game 2: Blues @ Sharks | 8pm NBCSN | Let's Try This Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishsandwichpatrol

Mar 29, 2014
Upstate SC
Went to bed after the 1st. Was pretty concerned we'd drop this one because of all the golden chances we handed them in the first but glad to see we hung on. If we end up winning the cup it will have to have been the sloppiest cup run of all time.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Expecting 100% perfection all the time is unrealistic. They ALL make mistakes.

Dump it to the corner or do something f***ing Pejorative Slured and risky...oh god I wonder what I should do?? We know what Petro does. It's not about a mistake. it's about what type of mistake. How the f*** are you going to be literally the last man back and risk it getting picked off. You get taught that as a kid. Then on top of that doing it on the PP is f***ing pathetic.

It's not like he fumbled the puck which he does more than anyone but he made a decision to pass it into a sharks player. He made that choice. What ever happened to doing the smart and safe thing and just getting it in deep. What I am getting at is that this isn't about physical ability. This is about his mental ability.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
91 needs to show up in a big way in both of these next two games. I hate to single out one guy, but this is what you pay your star players for, to elevate their game when it matters most and put the team on his shoulders. As Vladi goes, so go the Blues.
The Blues have made their way to the WCF on the backs of Schwartz, Binnington and team play. Vladdy is part of that team play but has done very little individually to get this team where they are today, which is tied after 2 games in the WCF going back home.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
The Blues have made their way to the WCF on the backs of Schwartz, Binnington and team play. Vladdy is part of that team play but has done very little individually to get this team where they are today, which is tied after 2 games in the WCF going back home.

And the entire third line, Guys have been good every series so far.

Reactions: STLomacneko

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
This Sharks team hasn’t looked that great to me, even in game 1. The only thing that is standing in the way of the Blues right now is the PP. Petro obviously should be nowhere near it, he should feel lucky to not be in the press box at this point. I think I heard he only got under 2 minutes of playing time in the 3rd period!

That would be patently false if you heard that. You can't lead all skaters in ice-time for your team and get benched for essentially an entire period.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Stlblue50

Apr 17, 2019
What amazes me is that this was a "bad" game for Pietrangelo and yet he led the team with 4 blocked shots, slid over to stop a 2 on 1, got a really nice assist, and played 25 minutes in a game where the Sharks only scored twice.

We're spoiled. Fans expect too much out of 27. Everyone makes mistakes and tonight he made a bad mistake on the PP. He made up for it by helping to shut down San Jose for the last 30 minutes of the game.
He blocks a lot of shots because his guy is always open and able to get the shot off. Where guys like Colt will poke check it off the guys stick before the shot but that doesn’t show up on the stat sheet

Stlblue50

Apr 17, 2019
That would be patently false if you heard that. You can't lead all skaters in ice-time for your team and get benched for essentially an entire period.
Good timing on your quote of me lol

KMOX was talking about how Colt got all of the important shutdown minutes in the 3rd. Looking at Petro’s total ice time, yes I’m sure I heard wrong.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Good timing on your quote of me lol

KMOX was talking about how Colt got all of the important shutdown minutes in the 3rd. Looking at Petro’s total ice time, yes I’m sure I heard wrong.
Parayko and Bouwmeester have been the shut-down pairing all playoffs. There is nothing unusual about that being the case last game (although the pairings got mixed up so it wasn't Bouwmeester he was out there with). This frees Pietro to be getting more of the offensive role. It has nothing to do with a reaction to his PP mistake.

Reactions: sfvega

Stelmacki

May 2, 2017
I've noticed that the Sharks PK is very aggressive, similar to the Stars' PK.

That’s pretty much everyone’s PK except the Blues. If there are other teams that just hold a tight zone and don’t pressure the puck on the PK, then I haven’t seen them.

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
That’s pretty much everyone’s PK except the Blues. If there are other teams that just hold a tight zone and don’t pressure the puck on the PK, then I haven’t seen them.
I think it's everyone's PK against us. They know our PP isn't that great and that it's been struggling, so they just attack the puck carrier hard. Our PP isn't good enough to capitalize off of the openings caused when they attack aggressively, so they might as well do it. It's smart, props to the Stars and Sharks. We need to adapt, though.

Try having an aggressive PK against Crosby, Malkin, Letang, Kessel and Hornqvist, see how that works out for you.

Reactions: hullderko
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad