Meier-Couture-Nyquist
Kane-Hertl-Pavelski
Sorensen-Thornton-Labanc
Karlsson-Goodrow-Donskoi

Dillon-Karlsson
Vlasic-Burns
Ryan-Braun
Jones

Teams going down 0-2 in the WCF have only won ~6% of the series since they went to the 7 game format. I offer various Tarasenko gifs as tribute and as proof that he can, in fact, score goals.

2015-02-08_12_49_53.0.gif

PlaintiveAcidicEel-max-1mb.gif

AntiqueKindheartedFeline.gif

giphy.gif

But truly, anyone can score them. Just win.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Eddy in again??

If he's going to play, I don't want him on the top line with petro.

I'd rather see
Petro-Gunny
Colt-Bo
Eddy-dunn

But, **** me I wouldn't trust that 3rd pairing either....

Is Gunnarsson playing tonight? That would help quite a bit if he does.

Having Bortz and Edmundson out there is scary at times.

I have just been using the lineup from the previous game as I usually have to get these up before work in the morning. I’ll do my best to update the OP whenever the lineup becomes available.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I have just been using the lineup from the previous game as I usually have to get these up before work in the morning. I’ll do my best to update the OP whenever the lineup becomes available.

All good, you do a great job. Just didn't know if I missed an update from JR or something. ;)

Reactions: Bendak

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Eddy needs to see the bench. I don't care that his parents are in attendance most games. He's been a total train wreck for most of the season. He's playing like Bo was at the beginning of the year. When the puck is near him in the defensive zone something terrible is on the horizon.

Maybe the Blues will try to play hockey tonight rather than demolition derby on ice. Try controlling the puck for more than 5 seconds at a time.

EDIT: Teams that go down 2-0 win just 12% of the series. The old saying "you're not in trouble until you lose on home ice" is nonsense.

Teams that won game 2 after losing game 1 win 53% of the series. Pretty close to a must-win game.

Last edited:

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I have little doubt, personally, that the Blues will play well tonight and make the adjustments necessary. They've done that quite a bit in the playoffs this year.

I can't think of a time in the playoffs where they've looked downright terrible two games in a row. I know they've lost 2 games in a row but not look like game 3 against Winnipeg or game 2 against Dallas.

Reactions: Bendak and mk80

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Gonna go as far to say that if Tarasenko scores tonight, the Blues win. If he doesn’t, they lose.

All of San Jose’s big guns have been scoring these playoffs.

We simply need Tank and Schenn to show up. A combined 10 points from them through these playoffs so far just isn’t close to enough if we want to go to the Cup. We need more.

Reactions: Bendak and mk80

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Tarasenko has an unflattering article in STL Today and The Athletic. I believe he's known for playing better when he's pissed off so let's see what happens.
People also said that about Tarasenko when he had his kid back in 2016 during the series against the Sharks and he proceeded to do nothing until game 6, so not really holding out hope on that front.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
People also said that about Tarasenko when he had his kid back in 2016 during the series against the Sharks and he proceeded to do nothing until game 6, so not really holding out hope on that front.

He was a stud in the 2 series before that though. Prior to going cold against SJ, he had 13 points in 14 games with 6 of his 7 goals coming at even strength. Tarasenko has been a pretty consistent playoff performer in his career so far and generally hasn't slumped for more than a series worth of games at a time. So I do see some historic data to suggest that he can pull himself out of it. I don't think a 5 game slump after being red hot in 2016 is at all comparable to what we have seen out of him over the last month.

With that said, he looks off. This is by far the worst playoff performance of his career so far and I won't be surprised if he remains invisible at 5 on 5.

We can win with him being pedestrian at 5 on 5, but only if he can produce on the PP and make SJ pay for taking penalties. A couple 'easy' PP goals where he beats Jones clean would go a long way to get the PP back on track. Regardless of how they come, I don't think we can win this series if Tarasenko can't improve on the 3 points in 7 games he posted against the Stars.

Reactions: Bendak and HighNote

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
He was a stud in the 2 series before that though. Prior to going cold against SJ, he had 13 points in 14 games with 6 of his 7 goals coming at even strength. Tarasenko has been a pretty consistent playoff performer in his career so far and generally hasn't slumped for more than a series worth of games at a time. So I do see some historic data to suggest that he can pull himself out of it. I don't think a 5 game slump after being red hot in 2016 is at all comparable to what we have seen out of him over the last month.

With that said, he looks off. This is by far the worst playoff performance of his career so far and I won't be surprised if he remains invisible at 5 on 5.

We can win with him being pedestrian at 5 on 5, but only if he can produce on the PP and make SJ pay for taking penalties. A couple 'easy' PP goals where he beats Jones clean would go a long way to get the PP back on track. Regardless of how they come, I don't think we can win this series if Tarasenko can't improve on the 3 points in 7 games he posted against the Stars.
Oh I agree, I just find the notion that a certain event will suddenly trigger Tarasenko to flip a switch is absurd. I doubt Tarasenko is going to look online and see an article trashing him and be like, "OH they're right, I should start playing better. I can't believe I didn't think of that!" If Tarasenko is going to make a bigger impact, it's because he's started moving his feet again and putting himself in a better position to make a play.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
Oh I agree, I just find the notion that a certain event will suddenly trigger Tarasenko to flip a switch is absurd. I doubt Tarasenko is going to look online and see an article trashing him and be like, "OH they're right, I should start playing better. I can't believe I didn't think of that!" If Tarasenko is going to make a bigger impact, it's because he's started moving his feet again and putting himself in a better position to make a play.

100% this, someone needs to get this guy some cocaine for a couple weeks, well from what I have seen in movies it gives you endless energy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad