WC SF: May 14 GDT - Russia vs. Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
Russian hockey federation should make it very clear that Hannu Henriksson is never, ever allowed to judge Russia´s games again. He was the main reason Canada "won" this game. For example he ripped Russia from a penalty shot when Regehr closed the puck under his glove in the goal crease. A penalty to Afinogenov in the first period was a total joke too.

Oil_slick9416*

Peter25 said:
Russian hockey federation should make it very clear that Hannu Henriksson is never, ever allowed to judge Russia´s games again. He was the main reason Canada "won" this game. For example he ripped Russia from a penalty shot when Regehr closed the puck under his glove in the goal crease. A penalty to Afinogenov in the first period was a total joke too.

see... :shakehead

Vikke

ViktorAllvin twitter
Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
Oil_slick9416 said:

He's got a point, though. I'm not saying that Canada won because of the ref, I'm just saying that some of the penalties were insane. And Thornton NOT getting one for spearing Afinogenov?

Again I'm pointing out what I said first: I am NOT suggesting that Canada won because of the ref.

JetLi

Apr 19, 2004
Sweden
Canada wasn`t worth a place in the final and all this thanks to Henke!
allt those who saw tha game could say else or otherwise they are sick....

mr gib

Sep 19, 2004
vancouver
www.bigtopkarma.com
JetLi said:
Canada wasn`t worth a place in the final and all this thanks to Henke!
allt those who saw tha game could say else or otherwise they are sick....
i'll admit we are doing it on the ugly side but the trend with canadian teams is we get stronger as the tourney progresses - looked pretty dominating to me in the first half of the game - then marty held strong - the ref can't actually shoot the puck

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
Right now I´m just so angry at Henriksson. It makes me ashamed to be a Finn that my "countryman" was so biased in this game.

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
mr gib said:
i'll admit we are doing it on the ugly side but the trend with canadian teams is we get stronger as the tourney progresses -

It´s easy to "get stronger" when you have a ref on your side.

Backin72

Jul 9, 2004
Winnipeg
Maybe if Russia had of shown up for the first period, you whiners would be singing a different tune. Game's over now, get over it. :shakehead

Macman

May 15, 2004
Peter25 said:
Right now I´m just so angry at Henriksson. It makes me ashamed to be a Finn that my "countryman" was so biased in this game.

Yawn.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Peter25 said:

:biglaugh:

It is the ref's fault Russia didn't show up for the first period? Canada sleepwalked through the 2nd and 3rd but held on. I give credit to the Russian team though, they really came on when I expected them to fold. And speaking of blown calls, how about the phantom offside on what would have been Canada's 5th goal to seal it?

I guess that's the name of the game though, when you're the best people want you to lose. And in Petey's case it is blind bias and hatred.

f1nn

Jan 12, 2004
Espoo, Finland
Oil_slick9416 said:
oh its not a generalization. every single european i've had contact with on this board is blamming the ref after they loose.

anyways, goodbye sweden have fun in the bronze medal game

and by the way Russia is considered to be in asia not europe

Brent Burns Beard