WC SF: May 14 GDT - Russia vs. Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
Congrats to Canada!

Team Russia is very good team! It's incredible how far they got in this tournament with such bad goaltending and such bad PP! 5 on 5 they absolutely dominate! It is shame that our only loss happened when it was so important!

Brodeur was the difference. Officiating was bad (terrible in the first period). Overally, the ref gave the edge to the Canadians. On the other side, I think it wasn't offside, should have been 5:3. It wouldn't matter much cause Russians would immediately score for 4:5 and than it would be the same thing.

I am so impressed with Ovechkin and Malkin! They will dominate this game very soon! If they are not dominating it allready...

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
WHY did Henriksson get RUS game again? He was a ref in 4 games where Russia played out of 8. Im not saying he was biased, but he didnt ref well.

Same with Thomas Andersson and SVK. He refed 3 or 4 of our games and he sucks.

No.1 priority for hockey should be better refs. Cause some of these refs in these WC's suck.

Oil_slick9416*

12# Peter Bondra said:
WHY did Henriksson get RUS game again? He was a ref in 4 games where Russia played out of 8. Im not saying he was biased, but he didnt ref well.

Same with Thomas Andersson and SVK. He refed 3 or 4 of our games and he sucks.

No.1 priority for hockey should be better refs. Cause some of these refs in these WC's suck.

ahaha...

it's funny, all thses years we've been saying the same thing about the Refs at this tournament. you guys brush it of as us whinning and complaining. but now your true colours are shinning Very brightly. so if you europeans wouldn't mind...stop beating a dead horse. and grow up.

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
Oil_slick9416 said:
ahaha...

it's funny, all thses years we've been saying the same thing about the Refs at this tournament. you guys brush it of as us whinning and complaining. but now your true colours are shinning Very brightly. so if you europeans wouldn't mind...stop beating a dead horse. and grow up.

WHERE did I say that the ref helped Canada in my post?

Shack

Aug 25, 2004
Lappeenranta
Sorry my Russian friends. The ref was bad. I was hoping that Russia would advance, but..... :(

Russia played a great game at offence end, I love the way they move and handle the puck. Good luck to pronze game.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Big win Canada!!!!!!!! :yo:

Better luck next time Russia.

Maybe Russia will get their gold at the world championships of chess. :biglaugh:

Roughneck

Oct 15, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
Russia is once again the shining example that the game is played on the ice. They have looked awful for the past couple tournaments on paper, but whenever a Russian national team comes together, they are just a treat to watch.

Brodeur deserved the player of the game, the Canadian defense (as a team, not even individual players) left him out to dry for much of the last two periods, it seemed like they really underestimated how the young Russians would come back.

Its great to see us in the final again, GO CANADA GO! From this game, I will be rooting for Russia to win the bronze.

Rocky Saginuts

Jul 21, 2004
Hamildump, Ontario
I was all set to watch a classic, but the ref completely ruined that game in the first period. Poor penalty calls against Russia completely took BOTH teams out of their game-plans.

There is absolutely no way to tell which was the better team. Canada didn't free-wheel because they didn't need to.

I was happy Canada won the game, but I didn't like winning that way.

Oil_slick9416*

12# Peter Bondra said:
WHERE did I say that the ref helped Canada in my post?

i'm not saying you did, but your saying the refs suck...we've been saying that forever and we get pissed on by europeans caling us whinners.

and by you, i mean europeans...just so ya know

Vikke

ViktorAllvin twitter
Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
Oil_slick9416 said:
i'm not saying you did, but your saying the refs suck...we've been saying that forever and we get pissed on by europeans caling us whinners.

Now THAT'S a nice generalization, to be honest.

An Ape called Yoko

May 15, 2003
Gothenborg
Visit site
Oil_slick9416 said:

Thats an intelligent post. Europeans are divided in several nations. Maybe you should go back to school (or perhaps your still in it)and actually study some. Generalization is not a word your obviously familiar with. Well done.

:amazed:

Oil_slick9416*

An Ape called Yoko said:
Thats an intelligent post. Europeans are divided in several nations. Maybe you should go back to school (or perhaps your still in it)and actually study some. Generalization is not a word your obviously familiar with. Well done.

:amazed:

oh its not a generalization. every single european i've had contact with on this board is blamming the ref after they loose.

anyways, goodbye sweden have fun in the bronze medal game

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Oil_slick9416 said:
oh its not a generalization. every single european i've had contact with on this board is blamming the ref after they loose.

I didn't although I'm a European

Vic Rattlehead*

Oh man, this thread isn't even about the game anymore. Why is it that there is always a fight in these international gameday threads? The game is over with, and no one cares about National sports. Say good game, and leave it. I'm getting tired of seeing fans of countries whining about which country is better.

Vikke

ViktorAllvin twitter
Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
Oil_slick9416 said:

anyways, goodbye sweden have fun in the bronze medal game

Everyone saw that the puck wasn't in. Sweden should play in the finals. :teach:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad