WC SF: May 14 GDT - Russia vs. Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinceee

Go Foreurs Go!
Apr 27, 2004
Amos, QC
Vikke said:
He's got a point, though. I'm not saying that Canada won because of the ref, I'm just saying that some of the penalties were insane. And Thornton NOT getting one for spearing Afinogenov?

Again I'm pointing out what I said first: I am NOT suggesting that Canada won because of the ref.

The ref sucked i agree... but everybody forgot about the goal they stole to canada... it was clearly not an offside

Some of the people here are whining about some stupid penalties but nobody complain about the goal they refused....

Vikke

ViktorAllvin twitter
Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
Catcher.In.The.RyE said:
The ref sucked i agree... but everybody forgot about the goal they stole to canada... it was clearly not an offside

Some of the people here are whining about some stupid penalties but nobody complain about the goal they refused....

True. When I first saw the goal, I was sure it was offside, though. But after viewing the replay, I wasn't so sure. But the linesman has to make the call in half a second, so he can't really be blamed for it.

Backin72

Jul 9, 2004
Winnipeg
Vikke said:
True. When I first saw the goal, I was sure it was offside, though. But after viewing the replay, I wasn't so sure. But the linesman has to make the call in half a second, so he can't really be blamed for it.

Same goes for calling penalties.

Vinceee

Go Foreurs Go!
Apr 27, 2004
Amos, QC
Vikke said:
Well... well...

Same for penalties... the ref has to make the call in half a second, so he can't really be blamed for it.

mr gib

Sep 19, 2004
vancouver
www.bigtopkarma.com
Vikke said:
if he was in the right position he would have got it right

PepeBostones

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2002
CONGRATS TO TEAM CANADA!

I AM SO HAPPY, WHAT A TEAM, IT'S ALSO VERY SPECIAL WHEN CANADA BEAT
RUSSIA. TOO MUCH OF RUSSIA AND THEIR GOLD MEDALS CAME WHEN CANADA
WASN'T ALLOWED TO SEND NHL PLAYERS TO THE WORLD CHAMPIONCHIPS. NOT EVEN AHL PLAYERS. THEN THERE WAS A SUGGESTION THAT CANADA WOULD BE ALLOWED TO USE 8 (EIGHT) PROFESSIONAL PLAYERS. LIKE RUSSIA
THE CZECHOSLOVAKIA TEAM WAS EQUALLY PROFESSIONAL AS THE ONLY THING THEY WAS PLAYING HOCKEY. GO TEAM CANADA GO GET THE GOLD, SHOW THE HOCKEY WORLD AGAIN YOU HAVE THE BEST HOCKEY PROGRAM, THE BEST COACHES AND STAFF, THE BEST GOALIE, THE BEST DEFENSEMEN, THE BEST FORWARDS, THE BEST TEAM OR COUNTRY IN HOCKEY. SEND OUT THE TEAM CANADA JUNIORS AND THEY ARE AWESOME WINNING THE WORLD JR CHAMPIONCHIPS. (THE DREAM TEAM OF JUNIOR HOCKEY, C PATRICE BERGERON, C JEFF CARTER, D DION PHANEUF, C MIKE RICHARDS, D BRAYDON COBURN, LW SIDNEY CROSBY AND THE LIST GOES ON). SEND OUT THE BIG TEAM, SEND OUT THE BIG GUYS, C JOE THORNTON, LW RICK NASH, G MARTIN BRODEUR, LW RYAN SMYTH, LW-RW SIMON GAGNE, D WADE REDDEN, IN THIS TOURNAMENT NOT TO MENTION THE REAL WORLD CUP WON BY OF COURSE, TEAM CANADA, LAST FALL. OF COURSE CANADA HAD THE TWO BEST DEFENSEMEN IN ERIC BREWER AND SCOTT NIEDERMAYER, THEY HAD THE BEST CHECKING LINE OF ANY COUNTRIES, CHECKING LINE. WELL THEY DID MORE THAN SHUTDOWN THE OPPONENTS TOP LINE. C JOE THORNTON COULD HAVE BEEN THE HERO AGAINST CZECH REP AS HIS SHOT WAS JUST WIDE. RW SHANE DOAN SCORED THE CUP WINNER ASSISTED BY BIG JOE. LW KRIS DRAPER ALSO WERE SUPER AS EVERY PLAYER MENTIONED
HERE THAT WAS PLAYING THAT TOURNAMENT INCLUDING C JOE SAKIC, G ROBERTO LUONGO, LW BRENDEN MORROW, RW JAROME IGINLA, LW DANY HEATLEY AND LIST GOES ON.....

ONCE AGAIN A BIG CONGRATS TO CANADA AND IT'S WONDERFUL COUNTRY AND WONDERFUL PEOPLE. I DO NOT THINK THEY LET THIS SLIP AWAY, CZCECH REPUBLIC OR SWEDEN. DOESN'T MATTER. CANADA WINS. JOE THORNTON WIN THE SCORING RACE WITH RICK NASH AND SIMON GAGNE RIGHT BEHIND. MARTIN BRODEUR JOINS THEM FOR THE FIRST ALL STAR TEAM. ONE OF THEM WILL BE TOURNAMENT MVP & BEST PLAYER. (I SAY BIG JOE THORNTON) BUT I LOVE NASH AND BRODEUR AND GAGNE AND SMYTH AND .....TOO.

NOW GET ON WITH THE NHL, I AM WAITING.
PEPPE BOSTON BRUINS
SWEDEN

WHEN IT COMES TO HEART AND HOCKEY ORGANIZATIONS, CANADA IS HEAD AND SHOULDERS ABOVE THE EUROPEANS, USA ALSO HAS A GOOD CONCEPT AND IT SHOWS. RUSSIA COMES IN THIRD BUT THEIR KIDS ARE BURNED OUT AND BORED OF HOCKEY BY THE AGE THEY REACH JUNIOR A. SWEDEN IS SIMPLY THE WORST IN THIS ASPECT.

Backin72

Jul 9, 2004
Winnipeg
Vikke said:

Backin72 said:
Same goes for calling penalties.

Catcher.In.The.RyE said:
Well... well...

Same for penalties... the ref has to make the call in half a second, so he can't really be blamed for it.

:dunno:

Anyone care to comment?

Jovo Cop

I dont know about the NHL ..i wouldnt mind an entire season of international hockey :)

Backin72

Jul 9, 2004
Winnipeg
Vikke said:
Sure.

I don't know why or what, but somehow I think there's a slight difference.

There's no difference. Most infractions happen in a split second, the ones that don't, are blatant and no one questions the call.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
peppe said:
CONGRATS TO TEAM CANADA!

WASN'T ALLOWED TO SEND NHL PLAYERS TO THE WORLD CHAMPIONCHIPS. NOT EVEN AHL PLAYERS. THEN THERE WAS A SUGGESTION THAT CANADA WOULD BE ALLOWED TO USE 8 (EIGHT) PROFESSIONAL PLAYERS. LIKE RUSSIA
THE CZECHOSLOVAKIA TEAM WAS EQUALLY PROFESSIONAL AS THE ONLY THING THEY WAS PLAYING HOCKEY. GO TEAM CANADA GO GET THE GOLD, SHOW THE HOCKEY WORLD AGAIN YOU HAVE THE BEST HOCKEY PROGRAM, THE BEST COACHES AND STAFF, THE BEST GOALIE, THE BEST DEFENSEMEN, THE BEST FORWARDS, THE BEST TEAM OR COUNTRY IN HOCKEY. SEND OUT THE TEAM CANADA JUNIORS AND THEY ARE AWESOME WINNING THE WORLD JR CHAMPIONCHIPS. (THE DREAM TEAM OF JUNIOR HOCKEY, C PATRICE BERGERON, C JEFF CARTER, D DION PHANEUF, C MIKE RICHARDS, D BRAYDON COBURN, LW SIDNEY CROSBY AND THE LIST GOES ON). SEND OUT THE BIG TEAM, SEND OUT THE BIG GUYS, C JOE THORNTON, LW RICK NASH, G MARTIN BRODEUR, LW RYAN SMYTH, LW-RW SIMON GAGNE, D WADE REDDEN, IN THIS TOURNAMENT NOT TO MENTION THE REAL WORLD CUP WON BY OF COURSE, TEAM CANADA, LAST FALL. OF COURSE CANADA HAD THE TWO BEST DEFENSEMEN IN ERIC BREWER AND SCOTT NIEDERMAYER, THEY HAD THE BEST CHECKING LINE OF ANY COUNTRIES, CHECKING LINE. WELL THEY DID MORE THAN SHUTDOWN THE OPPONENTS TOP LINE. C JOE THORNTON COULD HAVE BEEN THE HERO AGAINST CZECH REP AS HIS SHOT WAS JUST WIDE. RW SHANE DOAN SCORED THE CUP WINNER ASSISTED BY BIG JOE. LW KRIS DRAPER ALSO WERE SUPER AS EVERY PLAYER MENTIONED
HERE THAT WAS PLAYING THAT TOURNAMENT INCLUDING C JOE SAKIC, G ROBERTO LUONGO, LW BRENDEN MORROW, RW JAROME IGINLA, LW DANY HEATLEY AND LIST GOES ON.....

ONCE AGAIN A BIG CONGRATS TO CANADA AND IT'S WONDERFUL COUNTRY AND WONDERFUL PEOPLE. I DO NOT THINK THEY LET THIS SLIP AWAY, CZCECH REPUBLIC OR SWEDEN. DOESN'T MATTER. CANADA WINS. JOE THORNTON WIN THE SCORING RACE WITH RICK NASH AND SIMON GAGNE RIGHT BEHIND. MARTIN BRODEUR JOINS THEM FOR THE FIRST ALL STAR TEAM. ONE OF THEM WILL BE TOURNAMENT MVP & BEST PLAYER. (I SAY BIG JOE THORNTON) BUT I LOVE NASH AND BRODEUR AND GAGNE AND SMYTH AND .....TOO.

PEPPE BOSTON BRUINS
SWEDEN

WHEN IT COMES TO HEART AND HOCKEY ORGANIZATIONS, CANADA IS HEAD AND SHOULDERS ABOVE THE EUROPEANS, USA ALSO HAS A GOOD CONCEPT AND IT SHOWS. RUSSIA COMES IN THIRD BUT THEIR KIDS ARE BURNED OUT AND BORED OF HOCKEY BY THE AGE THEY REACH JUNIOR A. SWEDEN IS SIMPLY THE WORST IN THIS ASPECT.

this is by far the funniest thing I've read since coming to this forum :biglaugh:

hilarious! :clap:

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Astaroth said:
Man, if the Russians ever got a real goaltender to show up at international fixtures...

Well, Khabibulin and Nabokov don't seem up to it. I say bring Tretiak
out of retirement, he might be 52, but he probably can't do any worse than Sokolov did.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
octopi said:
Well, Khabibulin and Nabokov don't seem up to it. I say bring Tretiak
out of retirement, he might be 52, but he probably can't do any worse than Sokolov did.

LOL

Seriously if Nabokov's wife wasn't sick, he would have played. It's just bad luck. I hope his wife gets well!

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
wilka91 said:
LOL

Seriously if Nabokov's wife wasn't sick, he would have played. It's just bad luck. I hope his wife gets well!

Does anyone know what she's sick with? (Not that its any of my business, I guess)

On a separate note, who do I have to kill to get Igor Larionov coaching the Russian team? Or, heck, captaining the team?

Sonny Lamateena

Nov 2, 2004
Ottawa, Ontario
The officiating wasn't great today, but the real reason Russia lost was they weren't ready to play when the puck was dropped. The Russian team in the second half of the game deserved to win, too bad the Russian team in the first half of the game spotted Canada a 4 goal lead. On the flip side Canada let their game slip after getting the big lead, hopefully they can put in a full 60 minutes against the Czechs because the way Jagr and Czechs hustle, they will need it.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Sonny Lamateena said:
The officiating wasn't great today, but the real reason Russia lost was they weren't ready to play when the puck was dropped. The Russian team in the second half of the game deserved to win, too bad the Russian team in the first half of the game spotted Canada a 4 goal lead. On the flip side Canada let their game slip after getting the big lead, hopefully they can put in a full 60 minutes against the Czechs because the way Jagr and Czechs hustle, they will need it.

It's always been like this ... they're never ready, always getting scored on early and trying to rally but usually it doesn't work.

zamboni

Apr 25, 2003
Visit site
peppe said:
CONGRATS TO TEAM CANADA!

PEPPE BOSTON BRUINS
SWEDEN

(backs away slowly)

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
Tricolore#20 said:
If anyone wants the Canadian avatar that I have, let me know.

The one I have right now is too big for non-sponsors, so if you aren't a sponsor and want it, I'll send you the smaller version.

We need to fill up the Canada bandwagon for the game tomorrow!
This has nothing to do with the game but I just can't help it, I just have to say that I hate your avatar. Why the Nike logo? It's so commercial, cold and it's American! The only thing Canadian with it are the colours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad