Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
Ryderama said:
russian chicks crying in the stands.. come on, it's just a game

still don'T think that Canada deserve that game
I know! I'm surprised some are taking this so bad. It's just a game afterall, life goes on.

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
Wingmanrob said:
Congrats to Canada, best team won, just a shame it took half the game for Russia to wake up.

Please lets now keep this civil on both sides.

NO WHINING AND NO GLOATING!!!!!!!!!
Are you sure the better team won? I'm so happy that we have Brodeur. I thought he was shaky at the beginning of the tournament but I never lost faith in him and I was not wrong. Russia played great and didn't gave up, kuddos to the Russian players. We're lucky we're going to the final. On the other hand, why did we let the Russian come back? It was obvious that they stopped attacking. I guess they were like me, a bit arrogant. I was laughing out loud when Canada scored the 2nd goal and was pretty relaxed after the 4th but geez, my heart was pounding fast at the end.

Now I have a question. Were the penalties in the 1st period fair? Sure the referring is never perfect but it seems that this time Russia got no break at all. There was this penalty where a Russian got crosschecked but it was he who went to the bench for faking? I mean even if he was, the Canadian nontheless crosschecked(?) whether faintly or not. That was just weird. At one point, the TV commentators didn't know what were the calls anymore. They said "who knows what the referee saw". I felt uneasy for Russia but then the ref took away a goal from us. The referring is indeed brutal at this tourney.

Anyway, I'm not sure if we'll be able to do the same against the Czechs. Canada always have difficulties against them. Brodeur needs to be at his best for Canada to have a chance.

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
Slick Nick said:
That's what they think in Texas? :confused:
Past the Ural and you're in Asia. A large portion of Russia is in Asia so saying that Russia is Asian is not that far fetched. Kovalchuk looks a bit Asian to me.

Slay

May 24, 2003
Krasnoyarsk
Backin72 said:
:dunno:

Anyone care to comment?

Was it offside or not the game was decided long before. If the goal was called in, then it would only add another portion of anger on Hendrikson. When the referee feels guilty and tries to even out the game after he screwed everything up that the worst thing.
Imho, the decisive moment was when Canada scored 5 vs 3 and made it 3-0.

kremlin

Oct 11, 2003
Visit site
Just saw the game - re-run. I think Russians should have won. Ref made some dubious calls and if it wasn't for Brodeur, the Canadians would have been smoked. Russians were simply a few notches better than the Canadians in the 2nd and 3rd period. I'm not really a big Russian fan, but I prefer their style any day over the clutch & grabbing style of the Canadians, which is ruining hockey in my humble opinion.

jcpenny

Aug 8, 2002
Montréal
Visit site
kremlin said:
Just saw the game - re-run. I think Russians should have won. Ref made some dubious calls and if it wasn't for Brodeur, the Canadians would have been smoked. Russians were simply a few notches better than the Canadians in the 2nd and 3rd period. I'm not really a big Russian fan, but I prefer their style any day over the clutch & grabbing style of the Canadians, which is ruining hockey in my humble opinion.
Don't want to take away anything away from the Russians cuz they played two amazing periods but Canada made it too easy for them. They tought the game was over at 4-0 and started to cruise on the ice. Had they continued to forecheck the Russian D, game would have been done after two periods.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
jcpenny said:
Had they continued to forecheck the Russian D, game would have been done after two periods.
Maybe they tried to but the RUssians were just too good.

It's always the same story :

Team A scores a goal against Team B.

Team A fans say that they scored because they were better, and team B fans say that they let the other team score.

It simply depends on what side you are.

nikki9

Mar 19, 2005
kremlin said:

What?? Ok the Russian played better in the 2nd and 3rd periods, and it was sad that they lost, but the winning team deserved to win, fair and square!!!

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
peppe said:
CONGRATS TO TEAM CANADA!

I AM SO HAPPY, WHAT A TEAM, IT'S ALSO VERY SPECIAL WHEN CANADA BEAT
RUSSIA. TOO MUCH OF RUSSIA AND THEIR GOLD MEDALS CAME WHEN CANADA
WASN'T ALLOWED TO SEND NHL PLAYERS TO THE WORLD CHAMPIONCHIPS. NOT EVEN AHL PLAYERS. THEN THERE WAS A SUGGESTION THAT CANADA WOULD BE ALLOWED TO USE 8 (EIGHT) PROFESSIONAL PLAYERS. LIKE RUSSIA
THE CZECHOSLOVAKIA TEAM WAS EQUALLY PROFESSIONAL AS THE ONLY THING THEY WAS PLAYING HOCKEY. GO TEAM CANADA GO GET THE GOLD, SHOW THE HOCKEY WORLD AGAIN YOU HAVE THE BEST HOCKEY PROGRAM, THE BEST COACHES AND STAFF, THE BEST GOALIE, THE BEST DEFENSEMEN, THE BEST FORWARDS, THE BEST TEAM OR COUNTRY IN HOCKEY. SEND OUT THE TEAM CANADA JUNIORS AND THEY ARE AWESOME WINNING THE WORLD JR CHAMPIONCHIPS. (THE DREAM TEAM OF JUNIOR HOCKEY, C PATRICE BERGERON, C JEFF CARTER, D DION PHANEUF, C MIKE RICHARDS, D BRAYDON COBURN, LW SIDNEY CROSBY AND THE LIST GOES ON). SEND OUT THE BIG TEAM, SEND OUT THE BIG GUYS, C JOE THORNTON, LW RICK NASH, G MARTIN BRODEUR, LW RYAN SMYTH, LW-RW SIMON GAGNE, D WADE REDDEN, IN THIS TOURNAMENT NOT TO MENTION THE REAL WORLD CUP WON BY OF COURSE, TEAM CANADA, LAST FALL. OF COURSE CANADA HAD THE TWO BEST DEFENSEMEN IN ERIC BREWER AND SCOTT NIEDERMAYER, THEY HAD THE BEST CHECKING LINE OF ANY COUNTRIES, CHECKING LINE. WELL THEY DID MORE THAN SHUTDOWN THE OPPONENTS TOP LINE. C JOE THORNTON COULD HAVE BEEN THE HERO AGAINST CZECH REP AS HIS SHOT WAS JUST WIDE. RW SHANE DOAN SCORED THE CUP WINNER ASSISTED BY BIG JOE. LW KRIS DRAPER ALSO WERE SUPER AS EVERY PLAYER MENTIONED
HERE THAT WAS PLAYING THAT TOURNAMENT INCLUDING C JOE SAKIC, G ROBERTO LUONGO, LW BRENDEN MORROW, RW JAROME IGINLA, LW DANY HEATLEY AND LIST GOES ON.....

ONCE AGAIN A BIG CONGRATS TO CANADA AND IT'S WONDERFUL COUNTRY AND WONDERFUL PEOPLE. I DO NOT THINK THEY LET THIS SLIP AWAY, CZCECH REPUBLIC OR SWEDEN. DOESN'T MATTER. CANADA WINS. JOE THORNTON WIN THE SCORING RACE WITH RICK NASH AND SIMON GAGNE RIGHT BEHIND. MARTIN BRODEUR JOINS THEM FOR THE FIRST ALL STAR TEAM. ONE OF THEM WILL BE TOURNAMENT MVP & BEST PLAYER. (I SAY BIG JOE THORNTON) BUT I LOVE NASH AND BRODEUR AND GAGNE AND SMYTH AND .....TOO.

NOW GET ON WITH THE NHL, I AM WAITING.
PEPPE BOSTON BRUINS
SWEDEN

WHEN IT COMES TO HEART AND HOCKEY ORGANIZATIONS, CANADA IS HEAD AND SHOULDERS ABOVE THE EUROPEANS, USA ALSO HAS A GOOD CONCEPT AND IT SHOWS. RUSSIA COMES IN THIRD BUT THEIR KIDS ARE BURNED OUT AND BORED OF HOCKEY BY THE AGE THEY REACH JUNIOR A. SWEDEN IS SIMPLY THE WORST IN THIS ASPECT.
Great post Peppe. Very well said. It's nice to hear from fans who aren't biased towards their own country.

Can't wait to see big Joe back in a Bruins uniform and playing like he has in this tourney. :yo:

Lobstertainment

Oh no, my brains.
Nov 26, 2003
Toronto
SectionX said:
Are you sure? btw why do you even care? It's evident that canadian fans don't care about this tournament. Just check your countrymans rant:

:rolleyes:

As a Canadian I thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to poll Canadian hockey fans all the way from Sweeden, that must have been killer on your phone bill. :sarcasm:

helicecopter

Mar 8, 2003
give me higher shots
Visit site
I saw the game on tape couple of days ago and i have some things to say:

- what the hell where Russians players thinking in the first half of the game? They simply were NOT SKATING! It looked like a slow team :shakehead :dunno:
I wish all the Russian players could have half of Afinogenov's attitude on the ice (not casually the only other two guys skating hard were Ovechkin and Malkin, still unestablished and hungry) and half of the team's concept Czech players show.
- the refereeing in the first period was a complete joke and apparently biased. That helped the Canadians to kill the game, something they didn't need as they were already dominating thanks to their good play and to Russian big sleep. I disagree about Russia deserving the win though (you can hardly deserve to win when most of your players pretend to win without skating hard, which should be your best asset).. Canada stopped playing hard after 4-0 (and they found themselves eventually in troubles afterwards), looked like the better team to me.
-what the hell have the likes that voted Mr Yashin as game MVP for Russia seen?? :biglaugh: btw, everytime i watch him he looks slower.

oh, one more thing..
..that guy, Malkin, is special. :amazed:

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
Peter25 said:
Right now I´m just so angry at Henriksson. It makes me ashamed to be a Finn that my "countryman" was so biased in this game.

Me too. He is known for his anti-Russia bias in officiating. Why he gets to officiate team Russia games, I don't know. Why a blind idiot like Sindler gets to officiate any games, I don't know. Apart from those two guys though, I think the refereeing was pretty good.

espo*

Russia lost because they came out skating like they wanted to be on a beach in the Bahama's instead of the tourney for the first one and a half periods.They started to skate once they scored a goal and then Canada made them look pretty good from that point on.

Hardly a team that deserved to go to the Gold medal game and i suggest they would'nt have won bronze except the Swedish team was so dejected after their loss to the Czechs(a game they definately could have won and margin of victory was very slim for Czechs) that it was clear they could'nt have cared less against Russia in the bronze game.It's a myth around here with some fans(clearly Russian and some boosters from other parts in Europe) that they deserved to win against Canada.And the reffing thing? it's a boring thesis that hopefully will run it's course around here soon but i doubt it.There is just too much "sniper behind the grassy knoll' talk around here. Fortunate to win bronze i thought,heart was lacking.Lot's of talent but who deserves to move on in a tourney like this with the way they came to play in the semi's? No-one.Just like Canada did'nt deserve to win gold with the way they came out and competed against the Czechs...........they got what they deserved,it was'nt the refs fault for God's sake.......he does'nt have a stick in his hands.

espo*

Boucicaut said:
Me too. He is known for his anti-Russia bias in officiating. Why he gets to officiate team Russia games, I don't know. Why a blind idiot like Sindler gets to officiate any games, I don't know. Apart from those two guys though, I think the refereeing was pretty good.
Cmon bouciacat,you know better then that.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
cyclops said:
Cmon bouciacat,you know better then that.

The officiating did not decide the game, that's true. Team Russia did not show up until later in the game and that was the decicive factor.

But I still don't feel good -as a Finn- about this guy officiating team Russia's games. It's rather embarrassing. He had unfortunately built this reputation for himself already way before this semifinal.

I'm sure Russians felt the same way about that hapless Russian ref years ago...I forget his name now, but he was a total joke anyhow.

helicecopter

Mar 8, 2003
give me higher shots
Visit site
cyclops said:
Russia lost because they came out skating like they wanted to be on a beach in the Bahama's instead of the tourney for the first one and a half periods.They started to skate once they scored a goal and then Canada made them look pretty good from that point on.

Hardly a team that deserved to go to the Gold medal game and i suggest they would'nt have won bronze except the Swedish team was so dejected after their loss to the Czechs(a game they definately could have won and margin of victory was very slim for Czechs) that it was clear they could'nt have cared less against Russia in the bronze game.It's a myth around here with some fans(clearly Russian and some boosters from other parts in Europe) that they deserved to win against Canada..
Very good post so far.

cyclops said:
And the reffing thing? it's a boring thesis that hopefully will run it's course around here soon but i doubt it.There is just too much "sniper behind the grassy knoll' talk around here..
the reffing thing is not a thesis, is a very irritating thing because it sucks to have a moron that hurts the game as a referee.

cyclops said:
Fortunate to win bronze i thought,heart was lacking.Lot's of talent but who deserves to move on in a tourney like this with the way they came to play in the semi's? No-one.
Agree again.

Boucicaut said:
The officiating did not decide the game, that's true. Team Russia did not show up until later in the game and that was the decicive factor.
I tend to agree. But actually we can't know for sure how the game would have finished without those 5-3 goals.

espo*

helicecopter said:
Very good post so far.

the reffing thing is not a thesis, is a very irritating thing because it sucks to have a moron that hurts the game as a referee.

Agree again.

I tend to agree. But actually we can't know for sure how the game would have finished without those 5-3 goals.
I'm with you all the way!! Do the refferees hurt the game over there? absolutely!! there was a thread awhile back about this problem and i was on saying they were incompetent,this tournament did'nt change that viewpoint needless to say.Did it cost Russia the game? of course not,and i don't really think their fans actually believe that either.Most were on saying in that past thread that i mentioned that the reffing was fine over there and i was culturally biased to be saying they are incompetent refs.but what happens when their team loses? now they are imcompetent and cost them the game..............go figure!!!!At least i'm consistent,win or lose i always recognize they suck. They need(iihf) to have serious clinics with the refs they use to call a better game over there according to the rule book itself,one that will satisfy fans on both sides of the ocean.Because what they have had for 40 plus years now is terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->