AHL: WBS Penguins Thread: Youre a prospect until youre 30 and youll like it!

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Blomqvist has looked OK with the heavier workload. 12 games left but 3 more 3-in-3s so likely will only see 8 or 9 more starts, depending on if that very last game is meaningful to the standings.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
And, like your Sunday school teacher said, sometimes, it's just not good enough.
I was never told that. I'm not sure where you're Gathering your information from but you're very much misinformed and about a great many things! LOL

Grouch

Apr 22, 2021
Zohorna's been playing well lately too, but it's obvious that we've seen the last of him. Ty Smith has been better as well after being liberated from the Penguin organization (not that Carolina necessarily has any big plans for him either).
Let's be real, he and Hino should have been playing over Harkins, White (when he was here), Phillips (when here), Koppennen, Carter and prob even Benstrom forever, but they aren't liked for whatever reason.

Reactions: Victor Z

The GM

Jun 7, 2012
St. Ivany’s been the most improved player from last season. He’s downright solid and a legit NHL call-up option.

He and Samorukov are RFAs and I’d re-sign both. A righty and a lefty that can play both sides, both relatively young still. Kinda thinking longer term that a guy like Ilyin or Murashov might be more willing to come over if we have Russians in the system, too.

Seems like Fedun is winding his career down, they’ve sat him frequently when they’ve been over the veteran limit, so I’d probably try to re-sign Ouellet to be the next captain. ‘Nother guy that can be a call up in an emergency and plays both sides.

Could go either way on Rathbone but with no Smith and no true PP QBs in the system you might as well bring him back. He’ll probably get more points without Smith.

Then Pickering, Collins incoming and Belliveau coming up from Wheeling. Maybe just need another veteran RD.
IMG_2233.jpeg

Factorial

Oct 7, 2019
Absolutely not, lol. He's from Moscow and is a Russian speaker, so it's originally Пономарёв, which should be pronounced "puh-nuh-muhr-YEOUV," stress on the last syllable.

Rorabaugh has an interview with him in today's Trib and he says it's pronounced paw-noh-MAIR-ehv.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Rorabaugh has an interview with him in today's Trib and he says it's pronounced paw-noh-MAIR-ehv.

yeah but then he wouldn’t have an ё in the name. It’s possible the stress is written wrong on his Wikipedia page, but that seems really weird since almost all surnames that end like that in Russian are end stressed.

Like I wasn’t the greatest Russianist in my year and I hate speaking it now, so I could quite possibly be wrong, but I did get through 6 years of Russian during my doctorate somehow. The only good part about learning Russian is reading Bulgakov.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
yeah but then he wouldn’t have an ё in the name. It’s possible the stress is written wrong on his Wikipedia page, but that seems really weird since almost all surnames that end like that in Russian are end stressed.

Like I wasn’t the greatest Russianist in my year and I hate speaking it now, so I could quite possibly be wrong, but I did get through 6 years of Russian during my doctorate somehow. The only good part about learning Russian is reading Bulgakov.
Dostojevski, Pushkin, Turgenev, Gogol, Tolstoy…. Man! Besides actually learning it I’d give a fair bit to read those guys in their own language.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
The 19th century writers are classics. But you cannot and will not make me read Sholokhov ever again.

Also the worst Russian lit class I ever had was a year that a professor was in the middle of a contract dispute with the university, so she literally sat in class and read "War in Peace" in Russian to us in a monotone. No discussion, no nothing.

I think we got through chapter 3 by the end of the semester.

KareemTrustfund

Domiking Simon
Jun 19, 2012
@Jacob

Do you think Collins will get an ELC? I’m leaning toward probably not - No real improvement from last season and some very bleh numbers. He’s not a Dubas pick So I’d say he’ll be more inclined to let him walk.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
How has Poulin looked? At 23 years old he really should be seeing some NHL time and I’m not sure if it’s him or the front office.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Management as per usual. Should've been an NHL regular a year ago.
I was completely fine with getting him some consistent AHL reps this season considering he needed to step away last year.

But he should absolutely be in the NHL lineup now. Every day he isn't, Dubas should be criticized for it. If Sullivan is blocking the move, Dubas should force the issue. If Dubas just doesn't want to make a move to create space, then he's just wrong.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
Amazing. Nothing more he can do to deserve a call-up. It appears they don't want to screw with his mental while it's clicking so good
Not sure why I expected any different.

No need to worry about rushing Yager I guess. He’ll be 27 by the team he’s old enough to play under this FO.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
We'll waive him in October, the explanation will be he never really showed us enough in the NHL to justify keeping him on the roster, some team will claim him, play him, he'll do well, and we'll be re-acquiring him for assets in 3-4 years.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad