AHL: WBS Penguins Thread: Youre a prospect until youre 30 and youll like it!

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Heh, guess Smith is still with WB/S. Since Carolina doesn’t have an AHL affiliate he must be staying here.
They would have to loan him to Springfield or Chicago and I'm actually shocked the Wolves wouldn't agree to add him to stack their team even more for the Cup, since they actually want to win and don't care about development as much.

Keeping him in WBS where he's doing well makes sense in that scenario, but the dipshit owner of the Canes ended their partnership with Charlotte in 2020, they made sense given it's in Carolina as well, but that's the Panthers affiliate now and the Canes have no affiliate of their own.

Checkers btw play in an arena called Bojangles, lol.

Reactions: Jacob

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Blom with back-to-back starts. Don’t recall him getting b2bs yet this year, doubt he ran into it much in Finland either.

Fine with me. Throw the kitchen sink at him and see how he responds.

For some reason Gauthier isn’t backing him up but rather some other guy from Wheeling, though it appears Gauthier’s healthy and playing in Wheeling. Maybe to get him more starts, too.

Gumbercules

Oct 11, 2007
Baby Pens signed D Phillip Waugh to a tryout out of Mercyhurst. Probably won't make it far, but on occasion a guy on an AHL deal will work his way to the NHL. Listed as 6'4, 210.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
McLean VA? Parents must be CIA.

Major: Competitive Intelligence with a minor in Cyber Security

Yeah he glows.

• Haha
Reactions: Sideline

Freeptop

Jun 17, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
lol at anyone on a CIA salary living and raising kids in McLean.
CIA contractors, on the other hand...

According to a friend of mine who works in the three-letter-agency world, pretty much anyone competent jumps starts off with the government to get the security clearances, then jumps ship to the contractors pretty quickly for better pay - and still work for the same agencies, doing the same basic work.

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
CIA contractors, on the other hand...

According to a friend of mine who works in the three-letter-agency world, pretty much anyone competent jumps starts off with the government to get the security clearances, then jumps ship to the contractors pretty quickly for better pay - and still work for the same agencies, doing the same basic work.
Your friend hit it on the nose. Not sure about 3 letter work; but had a bunch of friends start out out of college in defense contracting in the mid 90k range (pre crazy wage inflation). Couldn’t believe the pay for the WLB and hours. They get every other Friday off too.

I was also being sorta facetious. You probably could’ve done it in North Arlington/Mclean/Great Falls with 2 people pulling down solid but unspectacular pay 20 years ago. Now? No chance. You can’t buy a home for less than a million bucks in those submarkets.

Northern VA is very nice but also really expensive. As I get older definitely feeling the desire to bail to a cheaper southern market.

to keep it somewhat prospects related- Waugh scored a lot of goals for a D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad