AHL: WBS Penguins Thread: season is over

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
IMO there needs to be some moderation or a single thread created for this discussion.

Feels like every thread gets hijacked by the same people making the same points (ie ZAR, Simon, Boyle vs prospects) to the point of exhaustion and every Pens board post devolves into something around that.

Not trying to bitch and moan but it just needs to be contained to one space imo.

Reactions: Peat

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
young players in their first pro season are often not placed in the top six.

It's a thought to hit on a surprise or two. My post clearly stated that there wouldn't be any guarantees of success. They have their playoff spot locked up, they also are not a team that is going to compete in their current state, they better try something.... or not and have another dud finish to the season.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
It's a thought to hit on a surprise or two. My post clearly stated that there wouldn't be any guarantees of success. They have their playoff spot locked up, they also are not a team that is going to compete in their current state, they better try something.... or not and have another dud finish to the season.

As has been said many times before the NHL isn't the development league. We've tried DOC up for 20+ games. He's just as average offensively as ZAR and Simon.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
As has been said many times before the NHL isn't the development league. We've tried DOC up for 20+ games. He's just as average offensively as ZAR and Simon.

Should I list everyone they haven't tried? I never said it was a "development league". I'm throwing out ideas to improve this year's chances, granted they are all a long shot. I'm simply suggesting that the status quo is an even bigger long shot.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Sure. Who needed to be tried this year that hasn't been?

I would like to see Jordy tried in the bottom 6 tbh. I think he is exactly they type of player we need over ZAR. TB and McGinn are great defensive players, but the 4th line lacks tenacity.

I also think Zohorna needs more than 16 games in the NHL. In the 8 games he played this year, he was not scored on and was a +5. Hes proven not to be a defensive liability, so why not see if he can provide more offense.

In fact I dont know if Zohorna has even been scored on in his 16 NHL games.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
I would like to see Jordy tried in the bottom 6 tbh. I think he is exactly they type of player we need over ZAR. TB and McGinn are great defensive players, but the 4th line lacks tenacity.

I also think Zohorna needs more than 16 games in the NHL. In the 8 games he played this year, he was not scored on and was a +5. Hes proven not to be a defensive liability, so why not see if he can provide more offense.

In fact I dont know if Zohorna has even been scored on in his 16 NHL games.

Z has waiver eligibility. I’m fine with Bellerive, but he’d be taking Boyle’s role who I think is fine.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
It 100% does.

simon was just waived last year. Players better than Simon have been waived this year. Players get waived all the time. It should not matter.

We have at least 3 guys in wbs who could play Simon’s 8 min a game and not miss a beat

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
simon was just waived last year. Players better than Simon have been waived this year. Players get waived all the time. It should not matter.

We have at least 3 guys in wbs who could play Simon’s 8 min a game and not miss a beat

I don't understand the Simon hate so it is hard for me to understand what your point is here.

He's sparkling analytically and fits the system and contributes to wins.

Reactions: Peat

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
I don't understand the Simon hate so it is hard for me to understand what your point is here.

He's sparkling analytically and fits the system and contributes to wins.

i thinks he’s a dime a dozen. I don’t care for analytics either that much. He doesn’t contribute much offensively and the fourth line is pretty bland overall. I think both Zohorna and Doc are better and have upside.

I don’t hate Simon and id bench Erod at this point as well. If Erod didn’t have an amazing start he wouldn’t get the leash. He has 4 pts in 20 games.

take your pick of Erod, zar or Simon. Maybe even heinen. I just want some change since the lineup is stale.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
i thinks he’s a dime a dozen. I don’t care for analytics either that much. He doesn’t contribute much offensively and the fourth line is pretty bland overall. I think both Zohorna and Doc are better and have upside.

I don’t hate Simon and id bench Erod at this point as well. If Erod didn’t have an amazing start he wouldn’t get the leash. He has 4 pts in 20 games.

take your pick of Erod, zar or Simon. Maybe even heinen. I just want some change since the lineup is stale.

Stale line up has the 7th best point percentage since Jan 1. 10th best since Feb 1.

I dunno.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
better get Drew O’Connor and his 19 pt pace up here stat!

That’s worse than Simon’s like 16? Or Zars? Erods 16 pt pace of the past 20?

Why not zohorna? He’s got a 30 pt pace jn his 16 games so far while being sound defensive.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
All the punching down at Simon and ZAR is pathetic and the result of the continued insistence of a poster that is 65% troll.

Who gives any craps about the 4th line? It is so far from our main problem with scoring. It makes $3.something nill combined. God, be smarter. No crap our worst players aren't great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad