Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Lam our ew.....

Perfect.

WBS Penguins lived in a shoe... Poulin out a Watling Pens crew.

I'll see myself out.

P.S. Thanks for all the low down on the games guys.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
I think you're overestimating most of our forwards - I don't think we have any top 6 prospects - at least on a serviceable NHL team. DOC and Zohorna have looked OK at the NHL level, especially O'Connor, but I don't see them as regulars in a decent top 6. Too early to tell on Poulin; he's a work in progress and clearly - IMO - not a lock for a middle six NHL role. Other than maybe Legare, my guess is most of those five you have as fine bottom six prospects will be mostly career AHL'ers. Definitely need time to restock and reload.

Meh I never said any were top 6. I said middle six complimentary pieces. Poulin and Puus who you forgot definitely have that ceiling. Zohorna and DOC spend to much time as healthy scratches to know.

hallander and jordy are like 22. They are still prospects and both would be better 4th liners than Simon right now.

I’m not overestimating any of these guys. I’m just also not throwing prospects to the curb after 40 games. I also think wbs coach and system is a mess right now.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Continue?

lamoureux-mitch-84-85-penguins_orig.jpg

watched him

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
@Victor Z @Honour Over Glory

How did Tommy Nappier look last night? As I said in the last thread, I like him more than D'Orio but TN doesn't have an NHL contract. Yet.

Also, I've been underwhelmed by Hallander this season.
Tommy looked good. Dialled in for 60. The Squirts poured it on for 40 and then the Pens took over in the third for shots. But he looked good. Didn't move around a ton because his positioning did all the right work.

I liked Hallanders hustle all game. Fast to pucks on the forecheck. Can be a little more physical but he's smart with his placement to block passing lanes etc.

Victor Z

Trade me right f**king now!
Sponsor
Apr 10, 2018
The Burgh
@Victor Z @Honour Over Glory

How did Tommy Nappier look last night? As I said in the last thread, I like him more than D'Orio but TN doesn't have an NHL contract. Yet.

Also, I've been underwhelmed by Hallander this season.

Nappier didn't have to be spectacular in the net last night and I don't recall any '10 bell' saves, but he was solid as he needed to be. Both he and D'Orio have had their nice moments this season, Domingue (though nothing but a short-term #3 at best at the NHL level) was pretty good too when he was in WBS. He got the callup, as opposed to the others, simply because he has prior NHL experience and not because he was head-and-shoulders above the others in terms of play.

Lindberg is the one to watch, assuming we ever get to see him again. If the organization has mismanaged his injury much like they did all those years ago with the Crosby injury (obviously a far more serious injury) fans ought to be enormously displeased. But even ankles heal at some point and Lindberg hopefully will be fine for September if not sooner. Hopefully much sooner.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside

Camera needs to zoom out a bit. And they need to follow the puck.

DOC with a 2 on 1 after some nice defensive work. He took the shot which left Puus with a nearly open net. But he was on the LW and it was a tough play for a righty.

DOC is sneakily quick in this league. Causes some issues for LHV and then a sustained o-zone shift for us.

POJ throws one from the point and it goes in. 4th line providing again if they tipped it in.

Lol, I think you could see somehow telling the camera person where to actually aim. Doesn't seem like the lesson took...

Poulin may have been robbed by a dman blocking a shot. Line 2 had sustained pressure.

Friedman interfered with. And then stirs some shit up. I think the Pens are going to the PP. They scored! Hallander from POJ. DOC was near the corner who found POJ coming in to the slot. POJ somewhat froze the LHV goalie and then fed Hallander on the LW.

To the PK now. Double minor.

End of 1, Pens up 2-0. Shots are Pens 14 to the LHV 7.

Start of the 2nd. Still on the PK for 2:40. Bellerive drew a penalty while I was in the kitchen. Nylander skating well with the puck. All penalties have been killed.

4th line with a great shift. Gonna be hard to scratch any of them.

WOW HOLY CRAP D'ORIO. Diving, open net glove save.

Nice passing play by LHV for an open net goal. 2-1.

Hallander just gifted Chaput a goal but he completely missed. Or the goalie got a small piece of it.

Not much going on for WBS that period. Shots are now Pens 20, LHV 18.

Start of the 3rd. The 2nd line has been too quiet tonight.

Angello boarded someone. I didn't want him to be loud that way. Killed it though. But Fedun slashed someone. Penalty killed and Fedun gets a breakaway but is stopped. Lol, another penalty by Angello. This time for tripping. Annnnd they score and tie it at 2.

Really not much going for the Pens since the 1st. But this is probably the best game I've seen Hallander play, even without the goal.

End of the 3rd. Shots are Pens 29 to the LHV 31.

I'm just gonna watch the OT and not take notes.

And they lose in the SO.

Last edited:
Reactions: Victor Z

Victor Z

Sponsor
Apr 10, 2018
The Burgh
I hadn't heard this before (though it makes sense), but the Lehigh Valley broadcast stated that when Friedman was claimed on waivers by the Pens last year he apparently had some "disrespectful" things to say about Philadelphia and/or his ex-teammates.

Which of course explains, and completely excuses, the Flyers' attempts to murder him last season. :huh:

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
I hadn't heard this before (though it makes sense), but the Lehigh Valley broadcast stated that when Friedman was claimed on waivers by the Pens last year he apparently had some "disrespectful" things to say about Philadelphia and/or his ex-teammates.

Which of course explains, and completely excuses, the Flyers' attempts to murder him last season. :huh:

We must honor the Code.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside

Sounds like it stems from this:

Penguin Mark Friedman happy to be on right side of cross-state rivalry

First I'm hearing of it.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
“It’s not as busy, not as noisy, nicer people. It’s not as dirty, especially in Cranberry where I live. It’s just a great neighborhood.”

I wouldn't choose Cranberry if I were moving to Pittsburgh, but who can disagree with his comments about Philly.
The Penguins' practice facility is in Cranberry and it is a fairly easy drive to the arena down 279. For a guy on the fringe of the roster, it's not a bad choice.

The long-term contracts settle elsewhere.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
What's wrong with Cranberry? What areas do you suppose are better in western PA?
Maybe somewhere within 30 mins of the city? Shady side, Fox Chapel, Sewickley are all nicer suburban areas while the strip district and south side are younger spots.

People live in Cranberry for cheaper taxes since it’s in another county. Cranberry is very far down my list of spots here.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Maybe somewhere within 30 mins of the city? Shady side, Fox Chapel, Sewickley are all nicer suburban areas while the strip district and south side are younger spots.

People live in Cranberry for cheaper taxes since it’s in another county. Cranberry is very far down my list of spots here.
Shadyside? LMAO

I prefer the suburbs but Sewickly and Fox chapel are good, not a fan of Shadyside.

Victor Z

Sponsor
Apr 10, 2018
The Burgh
He might turn into a good player someday and he is still only 21, but in all these Lehigh Valley vs. Wilkes-Barre games there have been this season (8 or 9 so far) I have yet to see anything to be overly impressed about regarding the over-hyped Flyer prospect Cam York.

Edit: These refs are going to give LV one power play after another until they finally score, aren't they?

Edit 2: Game Manager mission accomplished.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007

It takes almost the same amount of time to get from the middle of Cranberry Township to PPG Paints Arena as it does to get to PPG from Sewickley, and probably close to the same if not longer from Fox Chapel if you're coming in Rt. 28 during rush hour.

Seriously, it's a hop onto 79, onto 279, and you're there. Cranberry is less than 30 minutes away. It's not out in the sticks.

I would agree that Sewickley and Shadyside are far nicer communities, though Shadyside is much more compact. Fox Chapel is also nicer looking because it feels almost rural and estate-like, but there are fewer amenities and it can be harder to get to. Cranberry has a lot of amenities as a major suburban spot, so there are people will find the appeal.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Cranberry is fine it’s just very suburby. Sprawl, big boxes and chain restaurants. But it’s not like it’s unsafe or anything so could be worse.

Most of the Penguins live in the Wexford/Gibsonia/Cranberry area. And why not, they’re not trying to put down roots here.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

Camera needs to zoom out a bit. And they need to follow the puck.

DOC with a 2 on 1 after some nice defensive work. He took the shot which left Puus with a nearly open net. But he was on the LW and it was a tough play for a righty.

DOC is sneakily quick in this league. Causes some issues for LHV and then a sustained o-zone shift for us.

POJ throws one from the point and it goes in. 4th line providing again if they tipped it in.

Lol, I think you could see somehow telling the camera person where to actually aim. Doesn't seem like the lesson took...

Poulin may have been robbed by a dman blocking a shot. Line 2 had sustained pressure.

Friedman interfered with. And then stirs some shit up. I think the Pens are going to the PP. They scored! Hallander from POJ. DOC was near the corner who found POJ coming in to the slot. POJ somewhat froze the LHV goalie and then fed Hallander on the LW.

To the PK now. Double minor.

End of 1, Pens up 2-0. Shots are Pens 14 to the LHV 7.

Start of the 2nd. Still on the PK for 2:40. Bellerive drew a penalty while I was in the kitchen. Nylander skating well with the puck. All penalties have been killed.

4th line with a great shift. Gonna be hard to scratch any of them.

WOW HOLY CRAP D'ORIO. Diving, open net glove save.

Nice passing play by LHV for an open net goal. 2-1.

Hallander just gifted Chaput a goal but he completely missed. Or the goalie got a small piece of it.

Not much going on for WBS that period. Shots are now Pens 20, LHV 18.

Start of the 3rd. The 2nd line has been too quiet tonight.

Angello boarded someone. I didn't want him to be loud that way. Killed it though. But Fedun slashed someone. Penalty killed and Fedun gets a breakaway but is stopped. Lol, another penalty by Angello. This time for tripping. Annnnd they score and tie it at 2.

Really not much going for the Pens since the 1st. But this is probably the best game I've seen Hallander play, even without the goal.

End of the 3rd. Shots are Pens 29 to the LHV 31.

I'm just gonna watch the OT and not take notes.

And they lose in the SO.

Thanks for the recap mate, day got away from me and missed this one.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
hallander been good this season?
Don't listen to Pixies. He's in his first pro season in N.A and adjusting to a coach that is also learning how to play the whack system the big club plays.

But his drive and determination on shifts is there, he's a heady player and you can see he has some "Blueger" qualities with his placement on the ice to intercept, Gruden does it well too, but Hallander has some nice quickness to his game, after this season he should be fine with some added muscle and adjustment to the North American game.

This is a WBS team that isn't performing the way they could be, even Chaput, an AHL vet that has always performed at he AHL level for multiple teams, is well below his average ppg. It should put Puus' numbers in perspective, the fact that he has the statline he does, shows he's capable of so much more. With a better coach, he would have made it even harder to not call him up and actually play him.

But here we are, JD Forrest-ing shit up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad