WBS Penguins 2017-18 Season Thread: Pens out in first round, black aces are up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Sigh of relief.

Whew. I'm counting in him to replace Ruh at some point on the Pens. I think he's better right now and don't understand why he's not playing on the third pairing while Hunwick is injured. I like Ruh but just think Bengtsson should be given a chance

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
The AHL scheduling is a POS! only play on the weekends? why are weekday games so hard to come by? WBS play tonight and tomorrow then nothing untill next weekend. :/

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Whew. I'm counting in him to replace Ruh at some point on the Pens. I think he's better right now and don't understand why he's not playing on the third pairing while Hunwick is injured. I like Ruh but just think Bengtsson should be given a chance

I mean, he's coming off a long layoff while dealing with a chronic illness that he was only diagnosed with less than a year ago. There's no need to rush him.

I think there's a good chance he's up next season, though.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

Because Ruhwedel has already shown he can play well in a bottom pairing NHL role, while Bengtsson just came off a year without hockey due to illness and has only played 20 NA pro games.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I mean, he's coming off a long layoff while dealing with a chronic illness that he was only diagnosed with less than a year ago. There's no need to rush him.

I think there's a good chance he's up next season, though.

Yeah. I've heard nothing about him having any set backs from his illness. I really hope he gets some games this season

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Yeah. I've heard nothing about him having any set backs from his illness. I really hope he gets some games this season

I imagine there are setbacks and there's learning to manage it while playing professional hockey. I'm sure he'll get games this season. They're already dealing with D injuries in the NHL and AHL.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I didn't expect him to immediately walk all over the AHL, tbh. Maybe he's being challenged more than the stats show but, yeah...

On the other hand, this game does not appear to be a goaltending clinic. 3-3 after the first period

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad