WBS Penguins 2017-18 Season Thread: Pens out in first round, black aces are up

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Looks like they'll be some turnover in WBS this season.

Theres quite a bit youth there now in the 21-24yrs old range. Mostly @ F, of course:

Johnson
Riikola
Angello
Olund
Lafferty
Birks
Tiffels
Taylor
Militec
Lindberg
Bleuger will be back.
DiPauli maybe too.

ZAR and Sprong can still play there.

We need some of these guys to breakthrough to NHL regulars. Even if it's just 1 or 2, that'd be great.
I have high hopes for Angello just cuz he has a great base of size+speed.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Looks like they'll be some turnover in WBS this season.
Which is a good thing, although I would like a stronger developmental coach, something about CD just doesn't seem like he's a guy that will really elevate these guys to their best abilities.

Also winning a Calder would be nice for that team for how successful it has been for a long time with no Cup to show for it.

Reactions: Jacob

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
I remember being impressed by Lindberg during the Memorial Cup. I want to say he was the triggerman on a massive and very effective line that included Michael McCarron and Hunter Smith.

He most likely is not an NHL talent at this point when skimming through his most recent numbers, but you never know. Can never have enough depth.

I hoping that Haggerty and Cramarossa are signed to NHL contracts as both were effective during their tenure. Cramarossa’s speed and tenacity would be a welcome addition to the big club’s bottom-six in particular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->