WBS Penguins 2017-18 Season Thread: Pens out in first round, black aces are up

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
In this scenario of yours, did Letang retire due to another injury?

In the scenario, Letang is still our #1 dman. He's such a beast 5 on 5 and he's a top 10 defender when he knocks off his rust. I think he'd kill it on PP2. Schultz is just better at QBing the PP and in my scenario i have 3 legit want-to-shoot players on the place they feel most comfortable. And I also have Sid/Horny in places where they dominate at. It just sounds like the perfect dream scenario. Everyone is happy where they are, great at where they are, and we have 3 legit trigger pullers at the top. Oh and we have the best net front presence guy in the league. Oh and we have the most insane deflection guy off to the side of the net.

A man can dream, right?

No, in this phantasy, someone bought one of those LED cat toys to keep Letang occupied while the PP goes on.

:laugh: We need Randy to make this gif happen.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
He has a second ES assist now too. That's three points today, all at ES

Edit...his second assist was a beauty. Looked like Crosby behind the net throwing it to Jake in front of the cage

Last edited:

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Quinney/Sprong connecting 5on5.
Each have 1g2a's.
Games not over.

ZAR is a HS btw.
Tiffels is in.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Sprong is delivering at the AHL level. This is very similar to the Guentzel watch early last year. A guy looks ready and it's only a matter of time.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
Gage Quinney might just be the next Sheary, looking at his stats he has done well at every level. It's crazy how JR finds these guys (although I think Shero brought Sheary if I remember correctly).

edit : Quinney is a C btw, he might just be what we need.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Speaking of guys on AHL deals, anyone know how Zink has looked? I think he got in a game this weekend.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Hope he can consistently produce at ES. Good start for sure. He's averaging 4 shots a game too, not sure how much of that is at ES though.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
If we don't call up Sprong soon, I believe I'm going to burst!
Patience. Injuries will happen.

And honestly, we can't bring him up right now w/o waiving players. I personally wouldn't care if Kuhn and Rowney were waived today, it just doesn't make sense. Let Sprong get big minutes and confidence. Grab a 3C, move Mckegg to where he belongs, and then Kessel gets his own line and it opens that spot for Sprong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->