Proposal: Wayne Simmonds to Bruins

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
How many goals he scores in the playoffs on a really bad team doesn't take away from his ability in front of the net. A+ effort though.

It's clear youre trying to get Simmonds on the cheap, and I can respect that. But your offer is bad, plain and simple. Give us something we can use, or someone else will.

Degrading a player you're trying to acquire - A HF tale as old as time.

Bjork, Cehlarik and 2nd round pick

Kind of an overpay...but there you go

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Keep him Donny got burnt on Nash deal last year he won't give anything substantial this year. He has deer in the headlights syndrome when he makes trades.

It's nice to know that your schtick continues off the Bruins board. You're a GD riot with this line.

I would think very hard about Heinen and a 2nd probably. And I like Heinen. Very smart player.

Reactions: SnS and Starat327

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Using a player who was traded away because of drama on the team as an example is actually thhe dumbest thing anyone could do.

Drama or not

Bottom line is...high picks (1st and 2nd) are not given out like candies

Especially not for a rental

If Sweeney made a mistake to overpay for Nash and his pedigree.... league took notice and will be even more hesitant to make such a trade in the future

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Bjork, Cehlarik and 2nd round pick

Kind of an overpay...but there you go

overpay on value maybe I don't know too much about the players - but the needs don't match up. Too many pieces. If you think Heinen is an overpay, that's fine, but that's what we're looking for.

I'll put it to you this way - leafs fans have been mostly ok with a brown + 2nd deal. A replacement roster player who can actually play at the NHL level and has upside. Use that as a base.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
To Bruins:
Wayne Simmonds
5th Round Pick

To Flyers:
Danton Heinen
2nd Round Pick

I have always thought Simmonds would make a great Bruin, especially playing along side the likes of Krejci.

Reactions: Sasso09

litflyersfan

Jan 1, 2008
It's nice to know that your schtick continues off the Bruins board. You're a GD riot with this line.

I would think very hard about Heinen and a 2nd probably. And I like Heinen. Very smart player.

Heinen+2nd is a pretty fair offer. The Leafs offered Brown+2nd.

Reactions: SnS

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

Yup, I like Heinens upside. I'd probably do it for Heinen and a 3rd personally, but I'm not as enamored by Simmonds' grit as most.

The deal would probably be better served at the deadline, if the bruins fee this year might be "the year", where sacrificing a player like Heinen for a better shot could be deemed more acceptable.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008

Fun fact from this article: Only Ovechkin and Laine have more PPGs than Simmonds over the past 3 years.

Reactions: klutch

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
To Bruins:
Wayne Simmonds
5th Round Pick

To Flyers:
Danton Heinen
2nd Round Pick

I have always thought Simmonds would make a great Bruin, especially playing along side the likes of Krejci.

I'll retain on Simmonds if it's needed and keep the 5th, but if not, this is fine as well. Send the paperwork.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
No thanks on trading Heinen for Simmonds. They tied in points last season and that was Heinen's rookie season. Way too much to give up for a rental in my opinion when you consider age, contracts, and team control.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
No thanks on trading Heinen for Simmonds. They tied in points last season and that was Heinen's rookie season. Way too much to give up for a rental in my opinion when you consider age, contracts, and team control.

Context is key.
1)Look at Simmonds injury list he played theough
2) Simmonds is known as a goal scorer, not point producer
3) bruins are a good team, flyers are not

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Boston is the last team I would want to see Simmonds traded anyway. It would make my stomach turn.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Context is key.
1)Look at Simmonds injury list he played theough
2) Simmonds is known as a goal scorer, not point producer
3) bruins are a good team, flyers are not
Half those goals came on the PP, which is fine, but I assume he was playing on Philly's PP1, I don't get to watch much Flyers games so if he played more on PP2 my apologies. Heinen saw PP2 duty and played on a line with Riley Nash and David Backes, who aren't world beaters.

Let's say Simmonds played on another team, and the Flyers were top 4 in their division and needed a winger, would you trade Konecny for Simmonds if you take into consideration production, age, contract, and team control?

Reactions: wintersej

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Easy pass,Simmonds is not worth any of these offers...........
Wanna bet?

There offers are mostly awful.

Just wait and see.

Simmonds has the same amount of ES goals this year as Rantanen, Kessel, Eichel, Hall, Tkachuk, etc....and more than everyone on Boston except Pasternak.

Yet we hear he only scores on the PP. :huh:

Reactions: klutch

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Let's say Simmonds played on another team, and the Flyers were top 4 in their division and needed a winger, would you trade Konecny for Simmonds if you take into consideration production, age, contract, and team control?

Exactly... of course he wouldnt

But on opposite shoes...pure greed

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Wanna bet?

There offers are mostly awful.

Just wait and see.

Simmonds has the same amount of ES goals this year as Rantanen, Kessel, Eichel, Hall, Tkachuk, etc....and more than everyone on Boston except Pasternak.

Yet we hear he only scores on the PP. :huh:

Does listing these players ...somehow increase Simmonds value ??

Cmon

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Half those goals came on the PP, which is fine, but I assume he was playing on Philly's PP1, I don't get to watch much Flyers games so if he played more on PP2 my apologies. Heinen saw PP2 duty and played on a line with Riley Nash and David Backes, who aren't world beaters.

Ummm....so you want us to pretend Heinen and Konecny are the same because of point last year and ignore this year in which TK has 19 points and Heinen has 8????

This year matters too.

And honestly, Flyers fans don't care if you wouldn't trade Heinen for Simmonds. We know that SOME team will pay for Simmonds and what he brings. After all...he is still on pace for 28 goals this year.

Reactions: x DeCruze

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Ummm....so you want us to pretend Heinen and Konecny are the same because of point last year and ignore this year in which TK has 19 points and Heinen has 8????

This year matters too.

And honestly, Flyers fans don't care if you wouldn't trade Heinen for Simmonds. We know that SOME team will pay for Simmonds and what he brings. After all...he is still on pace for 28 goals this year.

Lol at Konecny superior over 10 point this early in the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad