Proposal: Wayne Simmonds to Bruins

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Simmonds can absolutely fetch a late 1st. Look at trade deadline deals in recent years. Teams overpay every year.

Rather pay a 1st for Zuccarello or Namestnikov

I cant see the demand for Simmonds being great. Ufa next season, scoring has dropped, aging vet

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Rather pay a 1st for Zuccarello or Namestnikov

I cant see the demand for Simmonds being great. Ufa next season, scoring has dropped, aging vet

Scoring has dropped because the Flyers have the worst coaching staff in league.

Reactions: Sasso09

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Trash. 2 C-Prospects/Players and a 3rd doesn't get it done. How much better was Rick Nash than Wayne Simmonds? He got a 1st, roster player, B Prospect and a capdump from your Bruins. I remember most HF posters thinking Simmonds was/is better than Nasher.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Keep him Donny got burnt on Nash deal last year he won't give anything substantial this year. He has deer in the headlights syndrome when he makes trades.

yup

But also I think that is a pretty fair trade off. I would consider Bjork in that package instead of Cehlarik

but no 1st. Not unless the player is a sure thing

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
If that's how you feel, well we'll be happy to trade him somewhere who is willing to pay his actual value. Shouldn't be a problem finding someone who wants a 30G winger who is probably the best net front presence in the league for a cup run.

this best net front presence.... how many goals has he scored in the last 2 playoff runs?

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Trash. 2 C-Prospects/Players and a 3rd doesn't get it done. How much better was Rick Nash than Wayne Simmonds? He got a 1st, roster player, B Prospect and a capdump from your Bruins. I remember most HF posters thinking Simmonds was/is better than Nasher.

and do you think Rick Nash was worth the trade?

either way Bruins won't overpay again for such rental

But also can't see a lineup for Simmonds... look at what Mike Hoffman got the Sens

What is certain is....Flyers will need to trade him, unless want to lose him for nothing. No playoffs and losing UFAs for nothing is like the dumbest thing a team/gm can do

Reactions: Mork

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
this best net front presence.... how many goals has he scored in the last 2 playoff runs?

How many goals he scores in the playoffs on a really bad team doesn't take away from his ability in front of the net. A+ effort though.

It's clear youre trying to get Simmonds on the cheap, and I can respect that. But your offer is bad, plain and simple. Give us something we can use, or someone else will.

Degrading a player you're trying to acquire - A HF tale as old as time.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
and do you think Rick Nash was worth the trade?

either way Bruins won't overpay again for such rental

But also can't see a lineup for Simmonds... look at what Mike Hoffman got the Sens

What is certain is....Flyers will need to trade him, unless want to lose him for nothing. No playoffs and losing UFAs for nothing is like the dumbest thing a team/gm can do

Using a player who was traded away because of drama on the team as an example is actually thhe dumbest thing anyone could do.

Reactions: x DeCruze
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad