OT: Watcha Listenin' To? Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elvis P

You ain't nothin but a hound dog
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Best make-out song while parking in my car: Nights In White Satin by the Moody Blues. Girls just loved it. Even would get to third base just by playing it on my 8 track.... Hate the song now.
Agreed. "Letters I've written never meaning to send" is a great lyric.

Reactions: dragonoffrost

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
They've been my guilty pleasure band for the past few years or so. I can't even really put a finger on what does it for me, but something keeps pulling me back.

They also recently did one of those "movies" based on an album. The movie part is silly, but the live tracks they put down were excellent, as always. They're one of those bands that is known to sounds better live than on their studio albums.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
James Acaster has a project that discusses music from 2016–the year that his girlfriend left him for Mr. Bean. He mentions this band:

Elvis P

You ain't nothin but a hound dog
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
What are your 3 most underrated albums? I bought all of these on vinyl when they first came out.

Last edited:
Reactions: trostol

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
What are your 3 most underrated albums? I bought all of these on vinyl when they first came out. You should be able to name a single on the first one without cheating. I bought Pat Benatar's (great voice, former opera singer) first album as a cut-out in a headshop. Does anyone remember cut-outs and headshops? Legalization is lame. Ya gotta know somebody. I used to be cool.

Controversy is an amazing album

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Also loving this new song by the Anderson. Paak / Bruno Mars colab Silk Sonic

Dripping with 70s soul nostalgia but also fresh at the same time.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Also loving this new song by the Anderson. Paak / Bruno Mars colab Silk Sonic

Dripping with 70s soul nostalgia but also fresh at the same time.

That's super nice. Looking at him kind of irritates me, but he just exudes star power. It reminds me of the first time I saw Destiny's Child - it was totally obvious that they were going to blow up.

Reactions: Rebels57

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
That's super nice. Looking at him kind of irritates me, but he just exudes star power. It reminds me of the first time I saw Destiny's Child - it was totally obvious that they were going to blow up.

Which one? Bruno? I'm usually not the biggest fan of his music though it was impossible to not enjoy Uptown Funk back in 2015. It was played like 4 times at my wedding lol

I'm more of an Anderson. Paak fan and have been since his album Malibu. Highly recommend watching his Tiny Desk Concert if you haven't yet.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad