Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I have many questions...
What is going on here?
What does it mean?
Why does everyone look so sexy?
Why can't I stop dancing and hitting replay?

And you may ask yourself, well,
How did I get here?

GrimDeadJenny-size_restricted.gif

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I watched some Los Bitchos videos about a month ago for the first time. They rule. I wish they had some lyrics and singing so I could fully embrace them, but they rule just as they are, too. LOVE girl power.

I found out about them a while back from some friends in London who saw them play in a small club. Like half of them are South American I believe but came up in London.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
I assume there are not many if any at all of you who are Wagnerians.......

But if you are, below are two pictures of Kirsten Flagstad, the greatest Brunnhilde and Isolde.

Before make-up and costume

kirsten1.jpg

and after

Bru_nnhilde-KFM-00104.gif

Her tonal range was huge; her voice in all registers is singular. Her projection was unique. Plus she could act. She was the voice of the century for Wagnerian sopranos.

She was not the fat lady that sings at the end of an opera.......;-)........

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

As poignant as it was in the 1980s.

Fun Boy Three were always massively underrated for me. Terry Hall is just a fantastic lyricist.

The album Waiting (which this is not off!) for example is amazing, even if the first album was mediocre. Close to as good as the Specials at times.

The Lunatics have Taken over the Asylum
Our Lips Are Sealed
Farmyard Connection
Tunnel of Love
The More I See
Were Having all the Fun
Going Home

but everyone just remembers "It Aint what you Do"... which is sad. Just a mediocre pop song.

Also made one of the most harrowing autobiographical songs ever in "We'll Fancy That". I have a hard time listening to that song... and cant believe he had the strength to even write it... in the early 80's.

Last edited:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

As poignant as it was in the 1980s.

Fun Boy Three were always massively underrated for me. Terry Hall is just a fantastic lyricist.

The album Waiting (which this is not off!) for example is amazing, even if the first album was mediocre. Close to as good as the Specials at times.

The Lunatics have Taken over the Asylum
Our Lips Are Sealed
Farmyard Connection
Tunnel of Love
The More I See
Were Having all the Fun
Going Home

but everyone just remembers "It Aint what you Do"... which is sad. Just a mediocre pop song.

Also made one of the most harrowing autobiographical songs ever in "We'll Fancy That". I have a hard time listening to that song... and cant believe he had the strength to even write it... in the early 80's.

Reminds me of The La's - they are only well known for the mediocre pop song "There She Goes" but the rest of the album is so much better. The lead singer actually hated There She Goes too.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Reminds me of The La's - they are only well known for the mediocre pop song "There She Goes" but the rest of the album is so much better. The lead singer actually hated There She Goes too.

Haha.

My Dad is an aquaintance of their guitarist Mike Badger. Has drank with him a few times. One of my Dads best friends played in a band with him on the Rockabilly circuit after he left The La's and they still hang out from time to time.

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
I am a huge fan of 80s-90s music and grew up on Oasis. Recently after reading an article recently about their 3rd album be here now, I decided to delve back into it.
Def-maybe will always be my #1 and WTSMG was also a masterpiece but be here now and all the drama around the release and the fact the band literally couldn't be in the same room and where doing large amounts of coke led to very mixed results among fans and critics.
But all these years later it's now passed WTSMG for me.
Yes the songs are long and the insane amount of guitars blaring everytime time Liam pauses is a bit over the top but the songs " stand by me”, “All around the world” and “Right here right now” are such good songs even if they are 7-9 mins long.
I hope some day, music reaches the levels us post-baby boomers, pre millennials got to enjoy while growing up.
Also bleach, nevermind and dookie, are always on rotation for me.
When I'm really drunk slippery when wet and hysteria or any Def Leopard usually make an appearance.

Reactions: Rebels57

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Finally found the copy of Nevermind on vinyl i've been looking for today. This is a 180 gram German remastering done by Pallas in 2013 using the original master recordings. Next to the OG pressings from 1991, which are extremely pricey, this is the best copy to own and only ran me $25.

Edit: It sounds absolutely amazing

20200630_131243.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad