Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Another great Liverpool band.
200-1.gif

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
Oh shit I thought you were replying to my Nirvana post..im dumb lol
My Brother was a huge Nirvana fan before they became famous. He saw them perform at some shithole in Seattle he committed suicide a week after Kurt did even mentioning Kurt as a reason for the choice he made. Year's later I found an old tape of his that had some tracks that were raw and unreleased, including a version of aneurism that was recorded by the band while playing at a small venue. It was raw and the recording was terrible but my God, it was chilling. Growing up 2 hours from Seattle Grunge was a huge part of our culture in the 90s, I always wondered if it had the same effect on other regions since the world was much more isolated back then.

Reactions: Rebels57

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace

I found the bottom of the hole. This is the album that got me into punk back in the day. Compilations were amazing back then. Such a great way to discover new bands as long as you were looking for the same genre. Which is all I wanted in those days anyway.

Reactions: Appleyard

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

I found the bottom of the hole. This is the album that got me into punk back in the day. Compilations were amazing back then. Such a great way to discover new bands as long as you were looking for the same genre. Which is all I wanted in those days anyway.

Warped Tour compilations were my life for a few years in the late 90s to early 00s. It is funny when I think back... as I was like ~8-11 years old. :laugh:

I actually always preferred this version to the actual album version. Just a bit rawer. And then he went full on Cobra Starship on our arses... when Midtown made some great skate/pop punk.

Reactions: Young Sandwich

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace

Warped Tour compilations were my life for a few years in the late 90s to early 00s. It is funny when I think back... as I was like ~8-11 years old. :laugh:

I actually always preferred this version to the actual album version. Just a bit rawer. And then he went full on Cobra Starship on our arses... when Midtown made some great skate/pop punk.

Nice, a New Jersey band! Glad to see they made it over the pond.

Reactions: Appleyard

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

More African stuff.

A French-North African guy (Joakim Bouaziz) remix of and Amadou & Mariam song. (who are Malian and have made some great music.)

If people like deeper European house or anything related then have a listen.
If people like blues/world music... listen to the original.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
I did some thinking over the weekend and realized that Straight Outta Lynwood was the first album I ever bought with my own money and owned for myself. So now I'm on a Weird Al kick again.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I did some thinking over the weekend and realized that Straight Outta Lynwood was the first album I ever bought with my own money and owned for myself. So now I'm on a Weird Al kick again.

The first album I ever bought with my own money was the Beavis & Butthead Do America soundtrack on cassette :laugh:

Reactions: Strawberry Fields
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->