OT: Watcha Listenin' To? Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland

Best band I have ever seen live (and I mean... that is from 100s... was at maybe ~75 gigs a year in my late teens).

So many cool covers here.

Also their guitarist Niklas Almqvist is one of the better hockey players who is a professional musician... played until he was ~15-16 or so at a decent level from what I have heard.

Loved the Hives, in particular, "Hate to Say I Told You So"....must have played that song a thousand times. Reminded me of two other groups: Smithereens and the Romantics. Also, did you see Disney After Dark in Denmark? My favorite Danish band for now, is Jo and the MoFos. Jo is Johanne Astrid Poulson, the 13 year drummer who won the Danish version of "Whose Got Talent" as a 10 year old. The quarter-finals played "Rage Against the Machine", the semi-finals she won with Led Zep's "Whole Lotta Love". And won it all with Disney After Dark. Her group has an EP out with her own songs, best of the bunch is "Shotgun Sunshine".

jo.mofos.jpg

Photo with her group........

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
Been really digging Billy Strings of late. He's a bluegrass player but his music is pretty bluesy as well. Amazing guitar player especially for his age. Going the Jerry Garcia route to being a shredmaster...

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

Posted another Metronomy one a couple of months ago... my guess is they did not make much of an impact in the US. But one of the best British bands of the last decade. And maybe the best production of any. So freaking crisp.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Gentlemen,

Have you ever woke up one morning ill prepared to have your world perspective completely warped. This is what occurred to me after someone sent me a link and I was not ready for what I was about to witness, and now I have to deal with the fallout of a history that I never knew existed.

This video needs a careful reexamination. I hope you are as deeply unnerved as me.

Reactions: Appleyard

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I'm gonna need you to at least mention the issue before I waste 4 minutes of my time watching a New Kids on the Block music video. Sup?

It would ruin the impact of witnessing it yourself. First off its obvious and second off when you think about it , its a complete mind f***. If you watch and still don't get it PM me and I will do my best to explain it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad