OT: Watcha Listenin' To? Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yukon Cornelius

Oct 10, 2019
SC PA
Reading some of the anger on the other posts...in the midst of the best we have looked in a decade...I watched the latest episode of Better Call Saul, and, since they play the theme song, I was reminded of this greatness.

I play drums, but I think this is incredibly soulful guitar, and a great song to "slow it all down".

Reactions: flyersnorth

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Mesmerizing song from such a talented and unique band. One of my faves.

Drummers will appreciate this guy’s sense of dynamics.

Yukon Cornelius

Oct 10, 2019
SC PA
Mesmerizing song from such a talented and unique band. One of my faves.

Drummers will appreciate this guy’s sense of dynamics.

I did listen to the whole thing. I didn't really feel any dynamics though. To me, dynamics are a loud/soft touch...like Steve Gadd kind of stuff. This was more of a technical song to my ears.

I'm probably in the middle to upper age of most posters on here. No harm, no foul, music is extremely subjective! There really isn't a ton of newer music that I enjoy. It's my opinion, and it's just a personal opinion, that a lot of it is just too over-processed.

No offense intended. Different strokes for different folks!

Last edited:

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
I did listen to the whole thing. I didn't really feel any dynamics though. To me, dynamics are a loud/soft touch...like Steve Gadd kind of stuff. This was more of a technical song to my ears.

I'm probably in the middle to upper age of most posters on here. No harm, no foul, music is extremely subjective! There really isn't a ton of newer music that I enjoy. It's my opinion, and it's just a personal opinion, that a lot of it is just too over-processed.

No offense intended. Different strokes for different folks!

I appreciate the thoughtful feedback.

Absolutely, music is subjective - there's no wrong or right, just what resonates with you.

I love music from across the entire spectrum. Regularly listen to jazz (bebop golden era, hard bop, dixieland, ragtime), EDM, progressive rock & metal, pop, indie, triphop, trap, trance, folk, and on and on. Even within the same day sometimes. And as a songwriter, I've written/produced music in just about all those genres.

If it's got a good groove, and the artist is talented at what they do, I can usually appreciate anything.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018

Do you still do the twist? Do you find you remember things that well?
Some go twisting every day, though sometimes it's awful hard to tell

Reactions: trostol

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

Came up on my phone today after not hearing it for maybe 3-4 years.

Always feel like no-one outside of the UK and Spain know of them... even though one of them is American in effect.

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
One of the very cool things about music is finding an old band, one that I've never listened to, and discovering that they produced a lot of really good music that can be enjoyed today.

The English band, Wire, fits this category for me and here are a couple cuts, one from their first album, Pink Flag, and the other from their third release, 154.

Hope you like them.

Last edited:

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
One of the very cool things about music is finding an old band, one that I've never listened to, and discovering that they produced a lot of really good music that can be enjoyed today.

The English band, Wire, fits this category for me and here are a couple cuts, one from their first album, Pink Flag, and the other from their second release, Chairs Missing.

Hope you like them.

Saw them live many times here in Rome, fantastic band still today, Colin Newman is pure genius. First three album are three classics.

Reactions: mja and Foggy14

rinaldo

Ignored Mmber
Apr 7, 2019
listening to lots of Johhny thunders lately, X and Radio birdman-from Australia.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

Best Britpop band for me... (Blur and Oasis had some amazing songs, but Pulp were just so brilliantly consistent in my eyes. His 'n' Hers & Different Class are just insanely good start to finish. And This Is Hardcore very good.)

also would be amongst my best ~10 British bands ever and best ~10 British songwriters ever.

Reactions: Foggy14
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad