OT: Watcha Listenin' To? Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

They are (rightfully) getting really big now.

Such a great sound... so much of the 1970s Anatolian rock is pretty freaking cool though, and that is what they pretty much play.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Only is such a good song. I miss those kind of angry, hard songs by NIN. Most of the time now it's just mostly synth or atmospheric.

This video got me on the MSI train and I never looked back. It helps I was a huge Jhonen Vasquez fanboy at the time. Who would've thought that their lead singer would end up in the Marvel Cinematic Universe years later?

Halfnutstill.png

Yukon Cornelius

Oct 10, 2019
SC PA

They are (rightfully) getting really big now.

Such a great sound... so much of the 1970s Anatolian rock is pretty freaking cool though, and that is what they pretty much play.

That reminds me a lot of Asteroids Galaxy Tour. This is one from their second album. I think their first is more solid from top to bottom. Around the Bend is one of my faves from that album.

Reactions: Appleyard

Yukon Cornelius

Oct 10, 2019
SC PA
Nice one. This is mine:

And this is second:

Race Car Ya Yas is epic....almost entirely because of the fuzzy dice lyrics. Who would ever think to put something like that into a song???

I think, starting tomorrow, I'm about to embark upon a two week Cake binge, at least. I had kind of forgotten about them for a little while until tonight.

Thanks for the back and forth, CDP! I have to get up at 6 EST, so it's time to hit the rack.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Bruckuss

FML & FCF
Apr 1, 2012
Not Toronto
Cake is great, happy to see the love above. I'm a sucker for Jolene, Frank Sinatra, it's coming down, dime, Friend is a four letter word, italian leather sofa and their cover of War Pigs.

Watched Rocknrolla last night, decent soundtrack on that flick.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
probably one of my fave songs from the 90's..loved the video and more so this entire album...

I see your Girlfriend and raise you an I've Been Waiting. It's a perfect pop song.

Also, his 1995 effort 100% Fun never quite got the attention it deserved. Both singles off of that record, Sick of Myself & We're the Same, are absolute gems. I listened to an unhealthy amount of Matthew Sweet in my younger years. Still do every once in a while.

I played this track A LOT last year.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

Terry Hall... one of my fave lyricists ever (though this is actually not his song, Dammers, the keyboardist)!

You tell me you think that they should lock her away and scrape the make-up off her skin
Then we'd see the warts around her chin
She tried to keep her looks but lost her mind when she lost her youth and grace
Your words were just an insult to her face

It ain't easy when there's no-one to lean on
It ain't easy when there's nobody there
It ain't easy when your lovers are all gone
And bollocks to it all

When I first met you, I really thought you were a wet dream come true
Now I know that you don't care, about somebody else's nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad