OT: Watcha Listenin' To? Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
I definitely preferred their 80's stuff and on once they got more of the synthesizers involved to make much lusher soundscapes so I love albums like Presto and Hold Your Fire. I remember when I got a keyboard as a kid and one of the first things I tried to play was Subdivisions.
I would say not too many PREFERRED their Mid 80s synth faze, so you are a rare breed, my man.

I like each album for many different reasons (some more than others, and some songs more than others of course), the change of sounds from each "era", yet all distinctly Rush.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
They were my favorite band of all time. Their artistry and precision was off the charts and they were nearly flawless live. I was privileged to see them 11 times between 1980 and 2015.

Today, I will be listening my 10 favorite Rush albums.

A Farewell To Kings
Permanent Waves
Moving Pictures
Signals
Grace Under Pressure
Presto
Counterparts
Snakes and Arrows
Clockwork Angels
I was fortunate enough to see them on each tour from Test for Echo (96) until the end (8 times). I was fortunate enough to attend their very last show (LA forum, discussed on the Time Stand Still documentary)...which was the best concert I've gotten to attend. The building energy was great. A memory I hope to have forever.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I was fortunate enough to see them on each tour from Test for Echo (96) until the end (8 times). I was fortunate enough to attend their very last show (LA forum, discussed on the Time Stand Still documentary)...which was the best concert I've gotten to attend. The building energy was great. A memory I hope to have forever.

I always expected someone to make a musical out of "2112" - I think they probably couldn't find any musicians who could play those songs :laugh: I don't know anything about playing, but Alex's guitar parts sound like they shouldn't be possible for a human being to recreate.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
I always expected someone to make a musical out of "2112" - I think they probably couldn't find any musicians who could play those songs :laugh: I don't know anything about playing, but Alex's guitar parts sound like they shouldn't be possible for a human being to recreate.
None of their stuff is easy. I can play a few of their songs, minus the solos, but it’s a workout. The bass and drum parts though, are even more insane.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

One of my favourite song writers ever... but had not listened to this for maybe 5 years before this morning (it came on on French radio I listen to) and would never have gone out of my way too. Was never one of my favourites when younger, but have not been able to stop listening to it today.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
I would say not too many PREFERRED their Mid 80s synth faze, so you are a rare breed, my man.

I like each album for many different reasons (some more than others, and some songs more than others of course), the change of sounds from each "era", yet all distinctly Rush.
Synth is the sound of my childhood so I will always love it to death wherever it may surface.

Yukon Cornelius

Oct 10, 2019
SC PA

One of my favourite song writers ever... but had not listened to this for maybe 5 years before this morning (it came on on French radio I listen to) and would never have gone out of my way too. Was never one of my favourites when younger, but have not been able to stop listening to it today.

It's a fun song on drums. Steve Gadd smoothness!

Reactions: Appleyard

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
in a way i am sad that it took me really..like 40+ years to discover this song as it is one of the finest songs i have ever heard..actually 2 songs here..knew a lot of their bigs ones..but these two are beautiful in their own ways...

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

The man had an unreal ability to write guitar riffs even though not an amazing guitarist.

Also one of the strangest coincidences I have heard in music. Marc Bolan idolised Eddie Cochran... and on the same fateful tour Cochran died in a car crash Bolan carried his Gretsch to Cochran's car... Bolan also later died in a car crash.

What I also found out a few years ago was that he was really good friends with a lot of the UK punk scene guys before the became "big". Toured with The Damned as support on his last ever tour.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Absolutely love T. Rex

I have Electric Warrior and The Slider on vinyl - two of my favorites in my collection

Fun fact: Ringo Starr took the photo of Marc Bolan used on the cover of The Slider

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese