OT: Watcha Listenin' To? Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
20191214_230631_Burst01.jpg

I'll admit that I got a tix for this for $66 with fees because their other gigs were $100 to get in the door because I figured this would be my only realistic chance to ever see the actual Misfits and expected a shitty cash grab. My eyes rolled into the back of my head when I saw them selling shirts for $40. But then they hit the stage. I am no music snob but I could tell that the feedback was not exactly what you would expect from a tight band. But it didn't matter one bit because The Misfits are SUPPOSED to be edgy and raw. And for nearly 2 hours they went through damn near every song in their catalog and it was incredible. They could've played for another two hours and I would've loved every second of it. I don't think I ever enjoyed a concert in my entire life as much as this one. If they come to your area my advice is to plunk down the absurd cost of a ticket and go. Now if only I could convince Nomeansno to do a reunion tour and do a date in NYC everything would be perfect.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
View attachment 292375

I'll admit that I got a tix for this for $66 with fees because their other gigs were $100 to get in the door because I figured this would be my only realistic chance to ever see the actual Misfits and expected a ****ty cash grab. My eyes rolled into the back of my head when I saw them selling shirts for $40. But then they hit the stage. I am no music snob but I could tell that the feedback was not exactly what you would expect from a tight band. But it didn't matter one bit because The Misfits are SUPPOSED to be edgy and raw. And for nearly 2 hours they went through damn near every song in their catalog and it was incredible. They could've played for another two hours and I would've loved every second of it. I don't think I ever enjoyed a concert in my entire life as much as this one. If they come to your area my advice is to plunk down the absurd cost of a ticket and go. Now if only I could convince Nomeansno to do a reunion tour and do a date in NYC everything would be perfect.
I had tickets to go see The Bronx with Bouncing Souls at the TLA last night. Then a month or so ago they randomly changed the show to 1PM, which sucked for me since I couldn't make it anymore. I was pretty pissed off until I found out the reason they rescheduled was so they could go see The Misfits last night. One of a handful of acceptable excuses.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I had tickets to go see The Bronx with Bouncing Souls at the TLA last night. Then a month or so ago they randomly changed the show to 1PM, which sucked for me since I couldn't make it anymore. I was pretty pissed off until I found out the reason they rescheduled was so they could go see The Misfits last night. One of a handful of acceptable excuses.
Seeing them Friday at Brooklyn Steel. Also will note Agnostic Front and Dropkick Murphys opened the show tonight. AF were incredible and Dropkicks were good as well. Problem was that they played nothing off their first two albums (which I loved) and did nothing but the Pogues tribute act stuff they've become since.

Reactions: Young Sandwich

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
View attachment 292375

I'll admit that I got a tix for this for $66 with fees because their other gigs were $100 to get in the door because I figured this would be my only realistic chance to ever see the actual Misfits and expected a ****ty cash grab. My eyes rolled into the back of my head when I saw them selling shirts for $40. But then they hit the stage. I am no music snob but I could tell that the feedback was not exactly what you would expect from a tight band. But it didn't matter one bit because The Misfits are SUPPOSED to be edgy and raw. And for nearly 2 hours they went through damn near every song in their catalog and it was incredible. They could've played for another two hours and I would've loved every second of it. I don't think I ever enjoyed a concert in my entire life as much as this one. If they come to your area my advice is to plunk down the absurd cost of a ticket and go. Now if only I could convince Nomeansno to do a reunion tour and do a date in NYC everything would be perfect.

i am jealous...i had to work instead lol

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
This song could easily be on one of their older albums and is a perfect example of why I've loved them for years. Always joyfully subversive, often macabre, and witty as hell. And then they'll switch and go and do another album for little kids.

P.S.: I love the robot movements that call back to their older videos like Ana Ng.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad