OT: Watcha Listenin' To? Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
A R I Z O N A is cool. I Was Wrong and Cross My Mind are great
props for the spaces...i started but messed up with RI so I abandoned the effort

There are a few I really love, but my favorite part about them is how I just don't think the singer looks like the sounds he makes should be coming out of him. It's fantastic. Let Me Know, Trouble, Freaking Out

You should check out their acoustic version of "Hold The Line"...I believe the story goes, they wrote the song about despression/struggles/etc. After Avicii died they found out he had been working on a remix of it so they finished it and put in on the Tim album. Both versions are cool, but I really like the acoustic one.

Reactions: DancingPanther

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Since the soundtrack for this movie is on Spotify, I'm going to play it when I meet Phil Fondacaro at the horror convention this weekend! He's the one playing Malcolm and reciting the poem (and also plays the lead villain). The song is actually called Cantos Profanae but is the main theme for the movie.

I'm going right from work to this and the first panel at 6pm is about Horror Soundtracks so I can't miss it.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
props for the spaces...i started but messed up with RI so I abandoned the effort

There are a few I really love, but my favorite part about them is how I just don't think the singer looks like the sounds he makes should be coming out of him. It's fantastic. Let Me Know, Trouble, Freaking Out

You should check out their acoustic version of "Hold The Line"...I believe the story goes, they wrote the song about despression/struggles/etc. After Avicii died they found out he had been working on a remix of it so they finished it and put in on the Tim album. Both versions are cool, but I really like the acoustic one.
Actually, I know them both! Night shift means like 9 hours straight of music...I've listened to most of their catalog. It was really awesome listening to Avicii again.

In the vein of "this dude really makes this sound" I give you Cigarettes After Sex

I was listening to these guys, Novo Amor, and some Chelsea Cutler on bus rides through the Italian countryside when I was there. It was so serene and lovely. All 3 are emotional listens though...my gf at the time preferred this type of music. I can't listen to Novo Amor. Yes I am a p***y

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
View attachment 233593

Gimme Shelter is still my all-time favorite rock song. And this is still my favorite rock album. The album came out in December of 1969. Went to the late November concert at the old Spectrum. Tickets were $7.50. Couple of weeks later was the Altamont tragedy. They played many of the songs on this album at the concert except Gimme Shelter. I had to wait till the '71 concert when Mick Taylor was in his glory to hear Gimme Shelter. [ there is a YT posting of the '71 concerts at the Spectrum] The title of this album was a take on the Beatles "Let It Be" album.

are we sure this is a rock album? Cause when i listen to it , it sure as hell sounds a f***ing country album.

God damn do i hate the stones.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad