OT: Watcha Listenin' To? Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illini Flyer

Jan 30, 2019
Near St Louis
During my friend's unemployed pothead phase I'd get out of work and find him and another friend high off their asses listening to Infected Mushroom and just watching Winamp visualizations. Sometimes they wouldn't even notice I was there for 15 minutes or so. Juno Reactor, Astral Projection, Shpongle, and my friend's favorite band Underworld were on constant loop back then.

I have some new bands to check out, ty! But yeah, for sure with trance music it is very easy to get lost. Love it for the daily commute

Reactions: trostol

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Kim Shattuck was the badass frontwoman of the Muffs; she passed away from ALS last week. She always looked like she was having a completely blast up on stage and the band briefly flirted with broader fame a couple times in the 90's. I may have played "Sad Tomorrow" a few thousand times in 1995.

And here's a more recent effort. Still rocking out in her 50's with one of the best screams in the business. I think this song may actually be about one of our very own HF Flyers posters. I won't mention any names though.

Reactions: Young Sandwich

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
I just heard a song at Taco Bell that grated on my nerves so hard I had to share it here. This is practically every modern musical cliche I hate in one song. Perhaps it's just this one shitty band being played too much and not an army of copycats but I don't think we're that lucky.

Millennial Whoop? Check.
Quirky stringed instrument? Check.
Chorus of happy voices singing the exact same notes and lyrics as the lead singer instead of harmonizing? Check.
Simple monotonous drum beat because anything more complicated would sound too threatening? Check.

This is the exact shit that I've bitched about before that sounds like the music of the Teddy Bear Army.

EDIT: I bet this is the type of music that Tom Bombadil plays. :laugh:

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
I just heard a song at Taco Bell that grated on my nerves so hard I had to share it here. This is practically every modern musical cliche I hate in one song. Perhaps it's just this one ****ty band being played too much and not an army of copycats but I don't think we're that lucky.

Millennial Whoop? Check.
Chorus of happy voices singing the exact same notes and lyrics as the lead singer instead of harmonizing? Check.
Simple monotonous drum beat because anything more complicated would sound too threatening? Check.

This is the exact **** that I've *****ed about before that sounds like the music of the Teddy Bear Army.

There’s a reason it’s being played at Taco Bell.

Reactions: Amorgus

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
Don't click here much, I sure didn't expect to see Infected Mushroom mentioned. It's ridiculous how much of a genius Erez is. It's like indescribably complicated math manifested in music form.

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
I just heard a song at Taco Bell that grated on my nerves so hard I had to share it here. This is practically every modern musical cliche I hate in one song. Perhaps it's just this one ****ty band being played too much and not an army of copycats but I don't think we're that lucky.

Millennial Whoop? Check.

This is the exact **** that I've *****ed about before that sounds like the music of the Teddy Bear Army.

I clicked in the middle of it and heard about 1:38 - 1:42. The race to the mouse button to shut it off went pretty much like Michael Bolton's PC load letter incident.

Reactions: Amorgus

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
There’s a reason it’s being played at Taco Bell.
And in every other store. And in every other commercial. This "corporate-sponsored happy tribalism" sound makes me want to go Tyler Durden on the joint. It goes beyond vapid to insidious brainwashing.

Reactions: BigToe

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
20191011_201103.jpg

Reactions: Cody Webster

Illini Flyer

Jan 30, 2019
Near St Louis
i under-appreciated these guys...been listening to them a lot lately

Saw them live in Kansas City two years ago. One of the best shows I’ve seen. Had a small arena of 5,000 people singing every word of every song and most of the featured artists from various songs managed to be there!

Reactions: trostol

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I really like the new Elbow album.

New Big Thief is pretty good, too. It's their second album this year and both could be in my top 10 at the end of the year.

Reactions: Young Sandwich

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I really like the new Elbow album.

New Big Thief is pretty good, too. It's their second album this year and both could be in my top 10 at the end of the year.

I gotta check out that new Elbow.

I couldnt get into that first Big Thief album.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad