OT: Watcha Listenin' To? Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Started listening to Forever Changes a few hours ago... ended up a couple of hours later listening to this for the first time in a couple of years. They only had a few good songs in my estimation, but always loved this one.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Screenshot_20191104-224237_Outlook.jpg

@Captain Dave Poulin bought you a ticket so you can experience a 'Dan' and a 'Shay'. You can sleep on the couch (cat isnt allowed in the 'allergen free' guest room), but the airfare is in you. Cant wait to tailgate with you!

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
View attachment 273371

@Captain Dave Poulin bought you a ticket so you can experience a 'Dan' and a 'Shay'. You can sleep on the couch (cat isnt allowed in the 'allergen free' guest room), but the airfare is in you. Cant wait to tailgate with you!

I am good friends with the guys that got dan and shay started. They have a interesting beginning story. Sadly it involves the suburbs of Pittsburgh

Reactions: Starat327

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I am good friends with the guys that got dan and shay started. They have a interesting beginning story. Sadly it involves the suburbs of Pittsburgh

Ugh, really? 3 tickets to Dan and Shay available for 3/12 show. PM me for details.

I think they make pretty decent music. Obviously not for everyone, but very melodic and meaningful, at least.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
you're right I don't hate them but My god they have to be the phoniest band of all time. Ripping off the Beatles left and right then deciding to go country. Then Disco. Yeah good job guys.
the entire history of music is filled to the brim with bands "ripping off" other bands
The Stones were just better at it than almost everyone else
same for their country/disco eras, just done better than everyone else

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne

I can't stop listening to this f***ing album. On first listen I hated it. Ever since I've been enamored and terrified. Sometimes it sounds like if ZZ Top, ELO, Radiohead, and Taylor Swift all banged, other times it sounds like Eddie Vedder and David Bowie are trying to do a Kentucky accent. Sturgill's a country artist, but this sure as hell ain't country music, so I guess he's just an artist.

Last edited:
Reactions: Beef Invictus

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Ugh, really? 3 tickets to Dan and Shay available for 3/12 show. PM me for details.

I think they make pretty decent music. Obviously not for everyone, but very melodic and meaningful, at least.
Can't go, but can vouch. Not a bad listen at all. I don't go type them in on Spotify but a few of my friends like them and if they get played in the car etc I'm not opposed

Reactions: Starat327
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad