OT: Watcha Listenin' To? - Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
My nephew kept asking to listen to Madness "Our House" so I finally made a Spotify playlist of Madness songs we could listen to while driving to see Deadpool. My mom will still occasionally start singing this when things start getting crazy so I had to play it for the kids. I didn't point out it's about a kid trying to buy condoms though. :sarcasm:

Wings of a Dove is my favorite Madness song. Has a great summer feel

Reactions: Amorgus

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014

Currently going through a NIN phase for the first time in like a decade. I dunno why i slept on the EPs they've been putting out recently, they're excellent. Looking forward to that new album.

Reactions: k1rkk0 and Rebels57

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Currently going through a NIN phase for the first time in like a decade. I dunno why i slept on the EPs they've been putting out recently, they're excellent. Looking forward to that new album.

Yeah Reznor is consistently good

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
I remembered another poster's profile comment from a long time ago, advising us to "Listen to Bathory".
So I am currently listening to Bathory.

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
Thanks to Trailer Park Boys I see the Swayze Express every time I see Sebastian Bach.
saw him at a place i used to go to after work called your place on rt 30 in lancaster one night. they just got done playing in hershey and stopped in to get some food. it was funny no one acted like they were any big deal and they left lol.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
saw him at a place i used to go to after work called your place on rt 30 in lancaster one night. they just got done playing in hershey and stopped in to get some food. it was funny no one acted like they were any big deal and they left lol.

I remember a tale my friend told me of a band going in somewhere and trying to be a big deal. Years ago there was a building downtown that had two clubs in it that couldn't be more diverse. Ground floor was a hip-hop bar. Upstairs was a goth/industrial club. There were a few skinheads that were regularly upstairs so I don't know how there weren't fights all the time. Anyway, in comes waltzing The Offspring after a show. The singer starts throwing his weight around and obnoxiously hitting on people's girlfriends. He managed to achieve something beautiful in the end : blacks and skinheads uniting to beat the shit out of a common enemy after throwing the band out, then celebrating together. I so wish I could've seen this cultural breakthrough in person.:laugh:

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
I have actually mainly be listening to the Dead Kennedys most of the last few days... but this just came on on my phone and damn, so good. Amongst the best of 90s to 2000s skate punk.

Millencolin kinda slipped through the cracks for me except for Vulcan Ears, which my friend played a lot. Love that song! I have an old CD from my Napster days of 90's ska and punk that I labeled as Wallet Chain Special.

Reactions: Appleyard

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Reznor's last album that I enjoyed was The Fragile. The newer stuff isn't my bag. If I want to listen to that variety of music, I simply go to: Carpenter Brut, Perturbator, and Youth Code.

Reactions: Rebels57
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad