OT: Watcha Listenin' To? - Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Never heard of this band, watching all of their videos now, love their music it makes me feel nostalgic, love their cool 80ies 90ies themed videos, very glad to have found this band, thanks guys.

Awesome! Always excited to help someone discover Gunship.

There are other good bands/albums from this genre. Search for Retrowave or Synthwave on Youtube. Kavinsky and Timecop 1983 are my other favs.

Reactions: Cobra Commander

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
20180713_230014.jpg

That feeling when you see a legendary band you've loved forever with lofty expectations and they completely blow them out of the water. Last night was one of the greatest of my entire life, I LOVE the Get Up Kids!!!!!!!!!

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
View attachment 130137

That feeling when you see a legendary band you've loved forever with lofty expectations and they completely blow them out of the water. Last night was one of the greatest of my entire life, I LOVE the Get Up Kids!!!!!!!!!
That's awesome dude! Never seen them live but I've been listening to them again recently after a long while and they still shred. So many good sing along songs while cruising in the car.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
The place to start in Jazz is the classic Miles Davis albums (before he tried to sell out to the kids):

Sketches of Spain
Kind of Blue
In a Silent Way

I don't think Davis ever sold out. He did make more accessible music later in his career, but he was always trying new things.

(It's not like the Grateful Dead sticking with the same low effort formula for 100 years. Talk about selling out! Pass the Cherry Garcia, please?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->