OT: Watcha Drinkin'?: Part I

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
I'm a Newfoundlander, so it's a shorter list for me to say what I don't drink lol

Tonight it's Old Milwaukee. (one of my faves) Thankfully, I recently found out that Old Mil you buy in the US still has the pinups on the box and can! :)

Attachments

• box.png
    box.png
    992.5 KB · Views: 19
  • poured.png
    poured.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 17

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
I like the Guinness Foreign Extra of all the Guinness products

Shocked by how good it was when I had it... it supplants their regular stout for me quiet easily. I'll still have the regular here and there as it's a classic, but the foreign stout is on another level of stoutness.

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
That’s a good price on Bookers. I’m a big fan of Elijah Craig 12 year, old forester 1920 and buffalo Trace.

The place I buy it (a military base) also sells Eagle Rare for about $28 and to me makes for a more interesting dram. I'm hardly an expert on matters of Bourbon though and I'm sure many will disagree

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Bacardi and Watermelon Juice from either Minute Maid or Tropicana.

Tasty way to kill a bottle, and make the night a little fuzzy.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Founders is good stuff. The Breakfast Stout...yum.

Stouts are one of my favorite kinds of beers. Imperial stouts usually pack about 10 or 11% alc content in them. Been drinking this New Holland Dragon's Milk stout which punches like a 12% alcohol count. Get a little buzzed on just one pint, lol. Can get them at Yard House on tap.

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
So...follow up to my last post.

Christmas eve I stop into my local spirit shop. I hardly go there as they gouge a little being the only game in town and this town is off the main county and state highways.

Anywho, I was in a pinch to get some whiskey I knew company would like as my Islay Scotch affliction is an acquired taste. So I bought the Eagle Rare instead of Buffalo Trace which I asked for opinions previously. Turns out Eagle is the exact same mash as BT but aged 10 years minimum and BT is 7 - 9 years.

Wow. Eagle is some good stuff. Definitely in my rotation going forward for the cost as scotch is quite expensive here.

That said. This little trip to my oft entered local produced a unicorn I've been chasing for 2 years. A limited release Ardbeg called Kelpie. Cost me $125 which seems to be an average price going by the internet forums and I gotta say. It was worth it in meeting all my expectations on justifying the cost of 2x a bottle of Ardbeg 10. Now I know why it disappeared from shelves like it did. A little Christmas present to myself.

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
So...follow up to my last post.

Christmas eve I stop into my local spirit shop. I hardly go there as they gouge a little being the only game in town and this town is off the main county and state highways.

Anywho, I was in a pinch to get some whiskey I knew company would like as my Islay Scotch affliction is an acquired taste. So I bought the Eagle Rare instead of Buffalo Trace which I asked for opinions previously. Turns out Eagle is the exact same mash as BT but aged 10 years minimum and BT is 7 - 9 years.

Wow. Eagle is some good stuff. Definitely in my rotation going forward for the cost as scotch is quite expensive here.

That said. This little trip to my oft entered local produced a unicorn I've been chasing for 2 years. A limited release Ardbeg called Kelpie. Cost me $125 which seems to be an average price going by the internet forums and I gotta say. It was worth it in meeting all my expectations on justifying the cost of 2x a bottle of Ardbeg 10. Now I know why it disappeared from shelves like it did. A little Christmas present to myself.

Don't know if you caught my post earlier in the thread, but I like this stuff more than a slew of pricier whiskeys... it's a really, really solid bourbon. Availability is an issue though; the only place I've found it near me (although admittingly I didn't look everywhere) was at an Air Force Base liquor store. And the last time I was there it was sold out. Sucks

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
Stouts are one of my favorite kinds of beers. Imperial stouts usually pack about 10 or 11% alc content in them. Been drinking this New Holland Dragon's Milk stout which punches like a 12% alcohol count. Get a little buzzed on just one pint, lol. Can get them at Yard House on tap.

I love stouts but wish they didn't pack as many calories as a small meal. Main reason I don't drink them regularly

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Murphy’s owes me some free t-shirts and a hat, I just cannot get enough of it.

I try new beers and whatnot during the warmer seasons, but winter? Game over.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raphael87

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
Don't know if you caught my post earlier in the thread, but I like this stuff more than a slew of pricier whiskeys... it's a really, really solid bourbon. Availability is an issue though; the only place I've found it near me (although admittingly I didn't look everywhere) was at an Air Force Base liquor store. And the last time I was there it was sold out. Sucks

Seems to be readily available here just depends where dictates price. One place is $39 the other is $36.

And yes. It is damn good. I haven't had many bourbons to date with more than a few notes. This one is pretty complex for a US Whisky.

jacko23

Lurkers unite!
Jul 8, 2007
Lehigh Valley, PA
Right now, Gentleman Jack as im putting away the dishes and procrastinating by being on here and listening to music.

I like experimenting with new whiskeys, but this was one of a few bottles gifted to mw back on my bday, so im not going to say no.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Got some Rye Whiskey aged in port barrels as a gift.

Reminded that I am not a whiskey guy.

Did a double shot and my stomach did the Charlie Brown missing the football swirl.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Got some Rye Whiskey aged in port barrels as a gift.

Reminded that I am not a whiskey guy.

Did a double shot and my stomach did the Charlie Brown missing the football swirl.

:laugh:
Mistake #1: never shoot a good whiskey (or any whiskey for that matter...hell, don't do shots of anything...ever)

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
On the topic of drinking...anyone else making the game in Denver tomorrow? If you're an out-of-towner, feel free to hit me up for food & drink recommendations.

(Mods, is a away-game roll call thread appropriate, or should that go into the GDT when it's up?)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad