OT: Watcha Drinkin'?: Part I

KennyWu

Oct 14, 2010
Was in Vegas over the weekend for a half marathon and tracked down Ryan Reaves beer. Was excited to try it, but honestly one of the worst lagers I've ever had haha

1000011827.jpg

Reactions: Gardner McKay

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
What is the deal with Buffalo? Can’t find it anywhere by me

It's very good & well worth the cost, making it hard to come by.

The Van Winkles are involved... adding to the mystique

Not quite. Buffalo trace owns the Pappy Van Winkle brand. As soon as people found out, Buffalo Trace, the Weller line up, EHT, etc. all started flying off the shelves.

Buffalo trace on its own is ok. It's just the association with PVW. It used to be as readily available as Jack Daniels.

Gordon Bombay

Remptar
Oct 13, 2006
Not quite. Buffalo trace owns the Pappy Van Winkle brand. As soon as people found out, Buffalo Trace, the Weller line up, EHT, etc. all started flying off the shelves.

Buffalo trace on its own is ok. It's just the association with PVW. It used to be as readily available as Jack Daniels.
Yeah, I remember seeing it everywhere. I won't lie it's led me to some other fine bourbon like The Wiseman and Bardstown so it's not a huge loss

Edit: I see you have actual Kentucky Owl amongst other fine spirits. Good for you man

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Yeah, I remember seeing it everywhere. I won't lie it's led me to some other fine bourbon like The Wiseman and Bardstown so it's not a huge loss

Edit: I see you have actual Kentucky Owl amongst other fine spirits. Good for you man
Wiseman and Bardstown are actually really good. You can't see it but behind the bottles of Stagg is a Bardstown Single Barrel.

I also picked up a bottle of Kentucky Owl Rye today that I look forward to trying :)

Reactions: Gordon Bombay

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle

It did used to be readily avail but has since not been.

I have a buddy who's a distributor & sometimes he can't even save a bottle.

As far as the Pappy stuff I don't think it matters one way or the other... folks hear that name & it goes, and fast to your point (which is what I was trying to convey)

I love the stuff but don't drink hard anymore. I won't swear on my palate or knowledge. But I loved it back in the day>

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
For people looking to do a bit more experimentation, higher end rums can be absolutely delicious. As much as I'm a whiskey guy, a LOT of my recent purchases have actually been rums. Particular highlights have been Black Tot Master Blender's Reserve, Holmes Cay Uitvlugt, and a Foursquare Covenant. Latest purchase was the Hampden Estate 2023 Great House Release

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad