OT: Washington Redskins 2020 Season Thread 9: Happy Chase Young Day Draft Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2008
If Snyder is smart the no comment means he is working to benefit from a name change by negotiating his way into the RFK site, waiting to comment once he knows what his prospects are.
The thing is that he has also been looking at stadiums in MD and VA which tie into sports gambling, kind of what the Caps have with the William Hill gambling center where Green Turtle used to be. He wants one of those gambling centers attached to the new stadium so he can make even more money.

RFK would be nice but prospects have looked bleak for years. Now, if the name changes, the Feds might be open to discussing RFK lately, but the word is that the community doesn't even want the Redskins there and would rather see the area used as a park. As sad as it is to say I think the times at RFK are done and will be done for a long time

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
The thing is that he has also been looking at stadiums in MD and VA which tie into sports gambling, kind of what the Caps have with the William Hill gambling center where Green Turtle used to be. He wants one of those gambling centers attached to the new stadium so he can make even more money.

RFK would be nice but prospects have looked bleak for years. Now, if the name changes, the Feds might be open to discussing RFK lately, but the word is that the community doesn't even want the Redskins there and would rather see the area used as a park. As sad as it is to say I think the times at RFK are done and will be done for a long time

Uncle Ted is building a sports book at Capital One so betting will happen at a new stadium at the RFK site. And the site is federal land so what the people who live around it want doesn’t technically matter. Finally, politicians really like to take advantage of situations like this to make themselves look good. And helping to force a name change while also revitalizing a huge section of the city will do that.

Sep 19, 2008
I think Dan Snyder is still not changing it.
The statement allows for wiggle room and placates the angry mob. Honestly with all the media bombarding with the name change I'm sick and tired of it. I'm fine with the name but I can see why they would give in. But the important thing is that they talk and do an introspective process on the name. Talk to Native americans. See how they feel about it. Don't just change it because some people who don't know Native Americans bandwagoned on a movement to ban anything offensive. Take your time to think about it. Start a discussion.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
If Nike really wants to impress, rather than a totally hollow PR move to sell more merch, donate ALL proceeds from new Washington gear to Native American charity for 5 years if it changes.

EYEuhFRAYtee

Smile
Apr 28, 2004
How long before the Washington name also gets cancelled?

DC Wizards
DC Capitals
DC Non offensive animal or inanimate objects

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
I like the concept behind Redtails but the name itself is meh.

They will benefit from a name/brand change and should have done it years ago.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Crazy this may actually be happening. Makes sense and it is far past time for the change to happen.

Out of all the names I have seen thrown around the one I like the most is Redhawks.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I'm 100% onboard with Redtails. Keep the colors, the fight song, HTTR, the uniforms, etc and just swap out tails for skins.
87950c42ef4d8177da030dc85a802402.png

Eb9dr_cUMAAp69i.jpg

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I'm 100% onboard with Redtails. Keep the colors, the fight song, HTTR, the uniforms, etc and just swap out tails for skins.
87950c42ef4d8177da030dc85a802402.png

Eb9dr_cUMAAp69i.jpg
This is a great concept design, would love to see it in action.

It should be a priority to keep the Burgundy and Gold colour scheme imo.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
This is a great concept design, would love to see it in action.

It should be a priority to keep the Burgundy and Gold colour scheme imo.

Everything about the Redskins brand -- the color scheme, jerseys, fight song, letter font, etc -- is A+ except the name, so yeah, I agree... keeping it as similar as possible is the priority. It will really stink if they do something dumb like change it to the Monuments or Senators and come up with another tired red, white, and blue color scheme.

The Redtails seems like too perfect an option, so I don't expect it to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad