OT: Washington Redskins 2019 Offseason Thread Volume 1 - Bruce Still Reigns Supreme

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Its not about looking out for himself, or keeping his options open, its him committing to play baseball if selected in the 1st round and then 8 months later committing himself to play football. As Tucker said it raises questions about his character and his leadership skills.

Sure, it will raise questions.....but not all reasonable people will be so quick to convict or condemn him for choosing a different path.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Sure, it will raise questions.....but not all reasonable people will be so quick to convict or condemn him for choosing a different path.

A 2 sport athlete leveraging one sport over another to get what he wants is not new. Elway the most famous example but even Russell Wilson is doing it. It’s a huge red flag that all reasonable people will acknowledge.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Speaking of Murray, some talk out there that ARZ new OC, Kingsbury, loves Murray and that ARZ may take him with the 1st overall pick. Then trade Rosen.

If this does go down, and that’s a huge If, do the Skins give up #15 pick for Rosen? Should they? I wouldn’t. Rosen gives off a Cutler/George type vibe, IMO. I wouldn’t put it past Allen though.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
already acknowledged...next thing to be outraged over?

Outraged? No. But as a Skins fan I am concerned. You should be as well. With the perceived reputation the Skins organization has I could see Murray pulling an Elway if he thought there was a real possibility the Skins were going to make a serious effort to draft him.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Outraged? No. But as a Skins fan I am concerned. You should be as well. With the perceived reputation the Skins organization has I could see Murray pulling an Elway if he thought there was a real possibility the Skins were going to make a serious effort to draft him.

Redskins were a healthy alex Smith away from playoffs and you acting like they are the Cleveland Browns

Reactions: Ridley Simon

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Speaking of Murray, some talk out there that ARZ new OC, Kingsbury, loves Murray and that ARZ may take him with the 1st overall pick. Then trade Rosen.

If this does go down, and that’s a huge If, do the Skins give up #15 pick for Rosen? Should they? I wouldn’t. Rosen gives off a Cutler/George type vibe, IMO. I wouldn’t put it past Allen though.

I would only if the Skins can also swap 2nds. Move up to early 30’s.

That whole team (Cards) was garbage. Leap from fresh to soph year is big for QB’s. Gruden and Co are also good QB coaches. Rosen would be in a good place.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
I would in no way trade pick 15 for Rosen. The cards already burned a year of his rookie contract. He looked awful and was drafted 10th before a year of negative development and burning a cheap contract year.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I would only if the Skins can also swap 2nds. Move up to early 30’s.

That whole team (Cards) was garbage. Leap from fresh to soph year is big for QB’s. Gruden and Co are also good QB coaches. Rosen would be in a good place.

Swapping 2nd's with ARZ is appealing but I still can't get over the Jay Cutler vibe Rosen gives off. I'd rather see the Skins look to the mid round picks for a QB prospect considering all the question marks surrounding the team during, and after, the '19 season.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Snyder has one chance for funding of any kind IMO and that's a deep playoff run to get public opinion on his side. If they continue to stink he can threaten to leave and people still won't pay for his palace.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Snyder has one chance for funding of any kind IMO and that's a deep playoff run to get public opinion on his side. If they continue to stink he can threaten to leave and people still won't pay for his palace.

His chance is all but gone. Not meaning for this at all to get into politics but he had a small window to get this passed with a Republican-controlled federal government and it didn't work out and now he's SOL. Seems like he's going to have to find naked pictures of a high-ranking government official in order to get out of having to pay the tab himself.

I honestly think at this point if Snyder threatened to move the team people would tell him, "don't let the door hit ya." I personally would rather start over with a new team and a new owner than be stuck with that cancer of an owner for the next 30 years, even if it means losing the "Redskins." RFK is going to be torn down and gone in the next 18-24 months and when that is torn down the last remnants of what the Redskins used to be and used to represent will be gone as well, so if Snyder threatens to take his ball and leave if he doesn't get his way then peace the f*** out, Danny Boy.

Also, the NFL would never let Washington DC go without a football franchise, so no worries there.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
His chance is all but gone. Not meaning for this at all to get into politics but he had a small window to get this passed with a Republican-controlled federal government and it didn't work out and now he's SOL. Seems like he's going to have to find naked pictures of a high-ranking government official in order to get out of having to pay the tab himself.

I honestly think at this point if Snyder threatened to move the team people would tell him, "don't let the door hit ya." I personally would rather start over with a new team and a new owner than be stuck with that cancer of an owner for the next 30 years, even if it means losing the "Redskins." RFK is going to be torn down and gone in the next 18-24 months and when that is torn down the last remnants of what the Redskins used to be and used to represent will be gone as well, so if Snyder threatens to take his ball and leave if he doesn't get his way then peace the **** out, Danny Boy.

Also, the NFL would never let Washington DC go without a football franchise, so no worries there.

Hmmmm, good point, kudos if it's your own idea. Snyder is not going to ever sell the team so the only way to get rid of him is to lose the team and start over.

I'm in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia