OT: Washington Redskins 2019 Offseason Thread Volume 1 - Bruce Still Reigns Supreme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

Interesting. Also, leak they’ll shop him for a 3rd to entice multiple offers which will lead to a pick higher than a 3rd.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
We need him stuck in Philly and force them to trade Wentz instead.

At that type of money teams have to band together and realize he will not be Alex Smith Part 2. His time in philly, a career outlier. In no other city will he replicate his success there.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Doesn’t that mean Foles gets paid the average of the top 5 QB’s? If so — that’s s LOT of coin for him. Someone wants to trade for a 27m Foles? Yikes

Yes but back to the Cousins drama once the player signs the franchise tag the team has until mid July to sign said player to a multi year deal. If not then the team cannot negotiate a new deal until that season is officially over. So if a team trades for a franchised Foles they have options.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I think Foles has a clause in his contract where if the Eagles franchise him he can pay them $2mm to void it. Not sure if it applies to the team that trades for him but maybe they franchise him to keep his rights, trade him, Foles exercises the option to void the tag, and negotiates a long-term deal with whoever traded for him.

Looks like the Eagles just really don't want to lose his rights. They're leaking that they want a 3rd round pick for him but I suspect that's done to drive the price up. Still, it seems like a big gamble. If no one hits their asking price and he's stuck on the roster after receiving the tag that's going to hurt. I guess they're very confident he'll be traded even if he is tagged?

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I think Foles has a clause in his contract where if the Eagles franchise him he can pay them $2mm to void it. Not sure if it applies to the team that trades for him but maybe they franchise him to keep his rights, trade him, Foles exercises the option to void the tag, and negotiates a long-term deal with whoever traded for him.

Players cannot buy they’re way out of the franchise tag. It’s league mandated. Not something negotiable in a contract.

Philly has a ‘19 option for 20 mil, Foles can get out of that option for 2 mil. Team would then franchise him.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

The kid, and his dad, are already playing games in the media. No thanks. Seen that movie with the Skins before. It didn’t end well.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
The Dilly Dilly Bud Light commercials were getting played out but that corn syrup one was funny

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Gronk looks so slow when he runs but when you think he only got 5 yards he really gets 10.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
That football 100 bit was good. And seeing Primetime get layed out by Howie Long was sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->