OT: Washington Redskins 2019 Offseason Thread Volume 1 - Bruce Still Reigns Supreme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Skins letting Smith and Crowder walk is not what I would call an appropriate submission for an article listing bold moves for all NFL teams. It’s been discussed as a possibility for at least half the season with Crowder the only one being discussed as being re-signed. And it is not bold because neither have lived up to expectations. For me a bold move for the Skins should revolve around the QB position.

Having said that, 14 mil a year projection for Smith? Bye Preston. Give Brian Orakpo a call for advice on how to cash in with a new team and then underachieve and successfully stay under the radar for criticism.

Last edited:

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Skins letting Smith and Crowder walk is not what I would call an appropriate submission for an article listing bold moves for all NFL teams. It’s been discussed as a possibility for at least half the season with Crowder the only one being discussed as being re-signed. And it is not bold because neither have lived up to expectations. For me a bold move for the Skins should revolve around the QB position.

Having said that, 14 mil a year projection for Smith? Bye Preston. Give Brian Orakpo a call for advice on how to cash in with a new team and then underachieve and successfully stay under the radar for criticism.

Yeah, it's a cop out for sure. It's also a reasonable expectation that they both walk considering they essentially have a cap penalty this season with Smith being done for the year and additional cap dollars likely having to be allocated to the QB position as a result.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Yeah, it's a cop out for sure. It's also a reasonable expectation that they both walk considering they essentially have a cap penalty this season with Smith being done for the year and additional cap dollars likely having to be allocated to the QB position as a result.

It should also net us comp picks if we play FA like we did last offseason. I’d definitely be cool with us trading down whenever the opportunity presents itself as well. The Skins should keep turning over roster and going young while QB position is in flux.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Huge red flag back up for Murray.

I mean, nobody really looks out for you, but you, right?

I wonder if his agent or some other close advisor didn’t put him up to that letter to solidify his options?

He has options and he should pick the best path for him. It’s a business and if he goes top-13, what’s best for business is him to go the NFL route. I’m also assuming he loves the game and the idea of being 1 of a very exclusive list (NFL starters), more than baseball.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I mean, nobody really looks out for you, but you, right?

I wonder if his agent or some other close advisor didn’t put him up to that letter to solidify his options?

He has options and he should pick the best path for him. It’s a business and if he goes top-13, what’s best for business is him to go the NFL route. I’m also assuming he loves the game and the idea of being 1 of a very exclusive list (NFL starters), more than baseball.

Its not about looking out for himself, or keeping his options open, its him committing to play baseball if selected in the 1st round and then 8 months later committing himself to play football. As Tucker said it raises questions about his character and his leadership skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad