OT: Washington Redskins 2019 Offseason Thread Volume 1 - Bruce Still Reigns Supreme

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Pretty sure you’re not a lawyer right?

I would however love to hear from a couple around here we KNOW are. TroyerLaw, where art thou?!

:)

CK doesn’t have a set value to “keep up”.

That’s not how employment works. Now that’s not to say he’s not delusional and still thinks he’s worth that number. Sadly, every day he misses just lowers his value more and moves him further and further from taking another NFL snap.

I don't have to be a lawyer to take a guess. You don't have to hire me.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
5 mil a year is the going rate for quality backup QB's in the NFL and thats what Kaepernick would be, initially, if he were to sign with a team right now.

I think this is close to reality. I mean if anything you give him the Starters incentives just in case he takes over.

If he wants to play in the NFL, he’s going to have to take a concession deal to get back into the league.

I suspect he’s enjoying his martyrdom and has no real desire to play again.

I know we’re treading in dangerous waters with CaliCF, but from the business of football, I thought the numbers demanded were interesting considering some wanted him here and previously suggested he would come in for a reasonable $.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
If you’re guessing as you preface things with “LEGALLY” I sure as **** wouldn’t! LOL!!

:) ;)

I said possibly and maybe in the original post and maybe again in the clarification.

None of us are NFL players or coaches or in the NHL yet here we are, talking like we know stuff. Huh.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I think this is close to reality. I mean if anything you give him the Starters incentives just in case he takes over.

If he wants to play in the NFL, he’s going to have to take a concession deal to get back into the league.

Yes my comments on this current topic was strictly from a football perspective. He hasn't played football in 2 years and he is 31 years old. If he wants back in the NFL he will have to start as a back up and back up money is 5 mil a year.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

I like what I read. I wouldn't mind seeing the Skins take this guy at 15. Would solidify the line for the next couple years for sure.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I think maybe they should trade down, stockpile picks for next year potentially as trade bait, and grab a QB in later rounds.

Reactions: Bananas

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I said possibly and maybe in the original post and maybe again in the clarification.

None of us are NFL players or coaches or in the NHL yet here we are, talking like we know stuff. Huh.

Legal stuff, in my eyes, is a whole other level of talking out of one’s ass. Most reasonably intelligent people can question a coaching call or a player’s performance without having been a player or coach. But the LAW?

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

I like what I read. I wouldn't mind seeing the Skins take this guy at 15. Would solidify the line for the next couple years for sure.

I prefer they keep stockpiling the lines ala Ripened Fruit’s grand design. When and if they can manage to stumble across credible QB play, they’ll be ready to contend for the playoffs quickly.

Also like the idea of trading down, but it takes 2 to tango and I’m sure others are looking to do the same.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I think maybe they should trade down, stockpile picks for next year potentially as trade bait, and grab a QB in later rounds.

Trading down would be the best option but if they don't that Sooner O-lineman sounds pefect at 15. Can play guard and tackle. After the '19 season it becomes affordable to cut Moses. Ford could slide right in to the RT spot.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
It seems like horrible idea. I’d rather they draft 2 3rd round+ guys than 1 in the 1st.

Colt + two rookies would at least be entertaining on some level.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010

I am not a lawyer but lol the NFL knew they were f***ed and settled. Really want the settlement figures to leak.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

I am not a lawyer but lol the NFL knew they were ****ed and settled. Really want the settlement figures to leak.

If they were TRUELY f***ed....the players and lawyers would not have settled. The NFL can piss away millions to sweep away an annoyance and that's what we just saw. A giant swatted a gnat away.

I'd love to see the numbers that actually make it to the player's pockets.

I'm glad it's over. Back to football and protesting on your own time.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA

I suspect he’s enjoying his martyrdom and has no real desire to play again.

I know we’re treading in dangerous waters with CaliCF, but from the business of football, I thought the numbers demanded were interesting considering some wanted him here and previously suggested he would come in for a reasonable $.

He still could. Wouldn’t know unless they brought said QB in for a workout to see if he still has it.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Legal stuff, in my eyes, is a whole other level of talking out of one’s ass. Most reasonably intelligent people can question a coaching call or a player’s performance without having been a player or coach. But the LAW?

Based on what, your opinion? Why do you think one is much deeper and full of unknowns than the other, especially when talking about things like contract disputes which are fairly common?

How many people can put themselves through law school but have no chance at being a pro athlete? Do you think it's possible to know every single detail of why a coach or player does what they do, but someone can't have any experience in observing how law and business law work without certification and X years of practice?

Nobody claimed to be a lawyer, bud.

Most reasonably intelligent people can discuss what THEY know about the law, and have it framed as such rather than some OFFICIAL legal opinion, without someone trying to pull the authority card for no reason.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002

My wife is a member of the California Bar and is in good standing.

So by osmosis, I can answer any of these question with ease.

However, I choose not to incriminate myself.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
If they were TRUELY ****ed....the players and lawyers would not have settled. The NFL can piss away millions to sweep away an annoyance and that's what we just saw. A giant swatted a gnat away.

HOW DO U KNOW THIS U R NOT A LAWAYAR!?

p.s. I START FITES IN BARS

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
The more I think about it the more I think a QB in the first round this year is a terrible idea.

According to many pundits, this is an *extraordinarily* deep draft for D-Linemen. Of course the one area we do not need all they much (although an EDGE guy would be a huge boon to take over the Preston Smith opposite Kerrigan. Then we won’t need to listen to @RandyHolt complain about how a slow guy leads the team in sacks. That slow guy could be 2nd :naughty:

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

I am not a lawyer but lol the NFL knew they were ****ed and settled. Really want the settlement figures to leak.

Sounds to me AS A NON-LAWYER WHO IS NOT INVOLVED IN TEH CASE PERSONALLY that maybe CK was wise to keep his value up and his options open with a settlement pending. *Perhaps his team was using the offers from other clubs as some kind of proof that he can still play the position.

*Not intended to be a binding legal ruling

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
If they were TRUELY ****ed....the players and lawyers would not have settled. The NFL can piss away millions to sweep away an annoyance and that's what we just saw. A giant swatted a gnat away.

Settlements routinely don't work like that. Lots of people who are f***ed offer to settle and it is accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad