OT: Washington Redskins 2018 Season V0l. 2: 1-1 = Half empty... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I'm not saying the name is what is causing the team to lose fans, but I think rebranding the team is an opportunity to get a fresh start for a team that absolutely needs one. Snyder selling the team would be best but that isn't going to happen.

10% of people being offended by the name is 10% too many, assuming the number is even accurate. Using the poll as justification for keeping the team name is garbage:

On the Shameful and Skewed ‘Redskins’ Poll

A magazine ran by Katrina vanden Heuvel thinks the poll is shameful and skewed. Shocking.

EYEuhFRAYtee

Smile
Apr 28, 2004
Native Americans by and large don't have an issue with the team name.

Caucasians of a certain political leaning do.

Changing the name isn't going to add 3 wins or help attendance. The on the field product is what puts butts in seats period end of story, if you build it they will come. What the skins could use is a top to bottom clean out in the front office (and owner).

Last edited:

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I am 50% Seminole Indian and I hate the name. Not enough to protest outside the stadium or anything, but I still wish they would change it.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
It doesn’t matter what you think apparently.

But I really like the "Fighting Sioux" and got mad when they changed it. I love the "Blackhawks" because I understand the history of it. It really is just the name "Redskin" that bother me for some reason.

I'm weird.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Did Richardson JR leave last game early? Saw that he was taking limited practice reps this week.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
A big chunk of that 5 billion has to be tied up in facilities. The monstrosity of a stadium and the theme park like practice facility. Same with the Skins. FedEx is now where near as valuable as Jerry World but LiL Danny owns it so it’s part of the team’s net worth.

Yeah and? It’s all part of the pie if the team owns it right? Teams that own their facilities are gonna get a value bump. Only 10 regular season pre and regular season game days. Lots of room for other events that earn big $.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
5 Billion is a lot of money. The combined cost of the stadium and practice facility was 2.7Bn. Still a lot of billions left over.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Yeah and? It’s all part of the pie if the team owns it right? Teams that own their facilities are gonna get a value bump. Only 10 regular season pre and regular season game days. Lots of room for other events that earn big $.

And...Skins get a new stadium, well if LiL Danny owns a new stadium, the net worth of the team goes up. I doubt FedEx is close to 1 billion how it’s been Frankensteined I’m recent years.

Also, Jerry World hosts SBs, CFB playoff games, CFB kickoff games, March Madness games, Boxing, HS Football, etc... That factors into things.

Take away facility net worth from both and the value of the teams is similar.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Don't worry about all those empty seats. I am sure Dan has his best working on a marketing plan featuring Alex Smith and AP ready to roll out to fill the stadium for the next 5 years.

And Cleveland finally wins their Super Blow.

Last edited:
Reactions: Praetorian Caps
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: