OT: Washington Redskins 2018 Season V0l. 2: 1-1 = Half empty... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Clay needs to just hit lower. Adapt, dude.

To an extent yeah.... But at this point how do you hit the QB? You cannot put your body weight on top of him, how do you consistently avoid doing that when tackling? The league needs to make some changes.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
To an extent yeah.... But at this point how do you hit the QB? You cannot put your body weight on top of him, how do you consistently avoid doing that when tackling? The league needs to make some changes.

Yeah, when I posted it I thought it was because he had his helmet too high, the "you landed on a guy you hit" rule is nonsense.

Reactions: robertmac43

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Can't touch the QBs head.
Can't grab the shoulders without risking horsecollar.
Can't lead in the chest with your helmet.
Can't drive through the QB or land on him even if you shoulder tackle.
Can't spin him to the ground if you try to not land on him.
Can't go near his knees.

What's left to tackle?

Reactions: robertmac43

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Can't touch the QBs head.
Can't grab the shoulders without risking horsecollar.
Can't lead in the chest with your helmet.
Can't drive through the QB or land on him even if you shoulder tackle.
Can't spin him to the ground if you try to not land on him.
Can't go near his knees.

What's left to tackle?

I'd say you wrap up around the waist but if you fall on the guy too much, screw you

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I'm trying to think of a foolproof way to hit a QB and the best I can think of is you wrap up around the waist and drag them down onto you as your velocity takes you past. Except...that doesn't work because with the speed these guys go, they'd be suplexing heads onto the turf.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
What a game all round. The Packers definitely shot themselves in the foot a couple of times, but we were overall the better team today.

Reactions: Corby78
Sep 19, 2008
Great win especially when they exerted themselves early and set the pace. They need to come out fast and aggressive more often. Gruden himself has said that he is being too conservative and he needs to open up. A few plays in, deep ball, Richardson, TD, sets the tone. Keep the momentum going and beat New Orleans.

Sep 19, 2008
Love keeping NBCSW in the background, their postgame shows were great during the Caps playoff run. They broadcasting now live from FedEx and D-Hall is just conducting interviews with current players from the party deck :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad