OT: Washington Redskins 2017 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2008
Ravens fans didn't seem to like Cavanaugh as OC.

Fine with it. When do they make their decision on Cousins?

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Ravens fans didn't seem to like Cavanaugh as OC.

Fine with it. When do they make their decision on Cousins?

To be fair, I'm assuming they're doing it so Sean didn't take him. Gruden will take playcalling and be the defacto OC I assume.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
To be fair, I'm assuming they're doing it so Sean didn't take him. Gruden will take playcalling and be the defacto OC I assume.

NFL teams can prevent their assistant coaches from taking jobs with other teams, accept for HC, so long as they are under contract.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
NFL teams can prevent their assistant coaches from taking jobs with other teams, accept for HC, so long as they are under contract.

I've always been under the impression they couldn't stop it if it was a promotion.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Discussing Cousins price, etc.... you guys have it lucky.

Do you know what's it's like being a Bengals fan and seeing Marvin Lewis is still head coach? It's ridiculous.

Our owner hasn't won a playoff game since he took over in 1990... I'm 32 years old and cannot even remember a Bengals playoff win. I don't even know what that's like.

Now our coach goes into year FIFTEEN with no playoff wins and coming of a 6 win season.

Bengals owner also is only owner who makes his money solely on being a owner. Not other businesses, etc. It's a big part why he doesn't pay players or up to the cap. He got ownership from his dad and never has done a successful thing in his life.

I've been a fan since the beginning but I told myself if Bengals keep Lewis again after winning 6 games and 0 playoff wins in 14 years, I'd start cheering for another team.

So let me ask.... what teams have the most driven owners that want to win? What teams don't sign or put up with people who get in trouble with the law? What teams are not bandwagon like and a team I could really become a fan of without people thinking I'm just joining the bandwagon? What team is respected/most professional?

Reason I say this is Pats have a incredible owner and hit home runs on the other things I spoke of above, but that's just lame to start cheering for them IMO. I won't do that.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm over giving money to and supporting a owner/organization that just doesn't care at all. Time to find a new team.

If YOU were to become a fan of a new team - who would you choose?

Last edited:

Jags

Mildly Disturbed
May 5, 2016
Central Florida
Can't you just like football?

If you really enjoy the sport, you can watch any game and root for the team that moves you. Some prefer underdogs, flashy offenses, crushing defenses... Whatever floats your boat.

If you've given up on your team and can't enjoy the sport on its own, why bother? There are lots of ways to spend that time. Watch more hockey, read the classics, fly a kite, take up cocaine and hookers... ;)

If you really need a team to pull for, pick the one you like best. So what if it's the Patriots?

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
SpinningEdge, as much as I dislike the guy, I'm not there's an owner out there who wants a Super Bowl more than Dan Snyder. I'm 31 so you and I are pretty much the same age and in my life time there's really only one playoff win that I remember and that's 2005. I couldn't just turn off my fandom, though. You take the mostly bad with the sporadicly good and hope that at some point in your life time something good happens!

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
Out in Vegas right now...and the amount of visitors out here wearing Raiders gear makes me think they will do just fine here 8 times a year with locals and visiting Californians.

Side note...I love this town.

Slateman

Feb 2, 2016
Out in Vegas right now...and the amount of visitors out here wearing Raiders gear makes me think they will do just fine here 8 times a year with locals and visiting Californians.

Vegas h uh ....... You there for SHOT?

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

Say hi to the Spearmint Rhino for me! Jealous! Be safe!

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I am with AB8, stick with your team through good and bad. Having said that, you can do what I do, pick another team to pull for during the playoffs. The Skins are never in the playoffs on a consistent basis so a couple years ago I jumped on the NE bandwagon so I could have a team to pull for in the playoffs.

I picked NE because there is a local tie to my hometown of Annapolis, MD, Bill Belicheck. Sure it doesn't hurt NE is the best team this century, and arguably the best of all time, but the hometown connection makes it easy. ;)

If you are still set on dumping the Bengals I'd look down to Nashville and the Titans. They look to be building something legit down there. And Mariota appears to be the real deal.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

People walking around all ready with Raiders gear or not, I can't think of another NFL team more suited for Vegas than the Raiders.

Still think they should stay in Oakland though. If they leave the San Francisco/Oakland area won't have an NFL team. Hard to imagine.

Last edited:

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
The 49ers?

Or are you making a play on the fact Levi's Stadium is in Santa Clara?

Levi's Stadium is 50 miles away from San Francisco. San Jose 49er's appears to be more appropriate.

My Brother-in-law got moved out that way a couple years ago with the Coast Guard. He lives in Concord. Big Crows fan. He wanted to go to the game last year at Levi's Stadium but found out how far away it is from San Fran. He went to a bar to watch the game instead.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
50mi if you go around the Bay the long way. "Only" 35mi from San Fransisco's more southern neighborhoods to Santa Clara.

It's definitely not super close, but it's still part of the Bay Area. It's actually a lot closer to the tech industry locations (Cupertino, Mountain View, Palo Alto, etc).

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
50mi if you go around the Bay the long way. "Only" 35mi from San Fransisco's more southern neighborhoods to Santa Clara.

It's definitely not super close, but it's still part of the Bay Area. It's actually a lot closer to the tech industry locations (Cupertino, Mountain View, Palo Alto, etc).

Then why isn't it the San Francisco Sharks? :laugh:

I count from the city limits, thats 50 miles. Levi's Stadium is about a mile from the San Jose city limits. FedEx is 4.3 miles from the DC city limits.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
You're counting from what city limit? The further away one?

It's 38.2mi from Bayview Park, which is within SF city limits.

It's not as if San Jose is some entirely foreign market to San Fransisco. The Bay Area is one giant conglomeration of urban sprawl. Just because the team is closer to San Jose doesn't mean there's not a team in the vicinity of San Fransisco.

And branding is the reason for no name change.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada

Hate this so much. Warriors moving across the Bay; Raiders moving maybe to Vegas. We East Bayers getting ****ed coming and going.

Also Hog is totally right about the Niners.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
On google map I go from Candlestick State Park, next to old Candlestick Park and on the extreme southern edge of the city limits, to Levi Stadium. The most direct route by car, down route 101, is 50.2 miles.

Having said all that, I have never been to the greater San Francisco area. My Brother-in-law will be out there for another couple years so maybe I will soon, but 50 miles seems a long way for a professional team to be from the city it represents. If the locals disagree so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad