OT: Washington Redskins 2017 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Just saw Alfred Morris in street clothes on the Crackboys sideline. Guess he is a healthy scratch.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Christine Michael really screwed up a good thing by taking that kickoff out late from the end zone.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Can't you just like football?

If you really enjoy the sport, you can watch any game and root for the team that moves you. Some prefer underdogs, flashy offenses, crushing defenses... Whatever floats your boat.

If you've given up on your team and can't enjoy the sport on its own, why bother? There are lots of ways to spend that time. Watch more hockey, read the classics, fly a kite, take up cocaine and hookers... ;)

If you really need a team to pull for, pick the one you like best. So what if it's the Patriots?

I love the sport. You have to love football if you're a Bengals fan. Since brown took over as owner Bengals winning percent is like .375 with zero playoff wins. Lol.

It's not that Bengals don't win - I can cheer for a team that doesn't - it's just I cannot stand my hometeams owner. Brown is cheap - he doesn't hire football people (his kids run operations), and he's rewarded 15 years of Marvin Lewis to be second longest tenured head coach in NFL when he's basically .500 and never wins when it matters.

It's just hard. I cheer for my home teams. About a decade ago I moved from Cincy and didn't have a NHL team - so Caps are my hometown team/team I live in hockey. Reds are a baseball town that loses but I still respect and love. Bengals I'm just so over. It'd be like if Dan Snyder held on to RGIII for 15 years when every fan wanted Skins to move on. Yes, you'd hope for the best and cheer, but maybe after year 14 and a super down year and you found out RGIII was coming back you'd maybe feel in my position too, lol.

I watch football a ton - but I do want to cheer for a team as well. Still have to find that new team though.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I must have been looking at the minutes it would take when I mapped it out. Ok, 38 miles from the extreme southern edge of the city. What about the fans from points north of the city? I'd imagine it would be like me trying to get to a Skins game from Annapolis if they built a stadium out by Dulles. It aint happening.

Those fans are already screwed. It's not exactly a quick trip to get across the Bay to Oakland Coliseum. The 49ers have already moved down to Santa Clara. What the Raiders do doesn't really impact downtown SF residents all that much. It screws over the East Bay, but that's unrelated to what the 49ers did.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Packers wr has to make a better effort to prevent that pick

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
I enjoy watching the Cowboys get their **** kicked in.

I usually have nothing against the Cowboys - but since its Skip Bayless's favorite team and that guy whines and is a huge dummy, I highly enjoy seeing this too. Each time Packers do something good and Cowboys are closer to losing I refresh his Twitter feed and it makes my day a little better each time lol.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
NFL receivers are so good at getting 2 feet down. What a catch! Please make this FG

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Rodgers showing zero nerves. None. Dude looks sedated.

Jags

Mildly Disturbed
May 5, 2016
Central Florida
It's not that Bengals don't win - I can cheer for a team that doesn't - it's just I cannot stand my hometeams owner. Brown is cheap - he doesn't hire football people (his kids run operations), and he's rewarded 15 years of Marvin Lewis to be second longest tenured head coach in NFL when he's basically .500 and never wins when it matters.

So the owner is horrible, football operations is run by people that don't know football, and they don't spend enough, but it's the coach's fault when they lose?

Seems like a weird thing to blame on Marvin Lewis. If the team is that mismanaged above him, the fact that they're ever competitive -- and they have been (on and off) over those years -- is pretty impressive.

Prior to this year, playoffs 7 out of 11 times, 7 winning seasons, 10+ wins 6 times (including the last 4 years in a row), overall winning record... This isn't the resume of a loser.

I think he's a solid coach saddled with difficulties, most of which you've mentioned. Not sure why you think another coach would fare better if the organization is as bad as you say.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
So the owner is horrible, football operations is run by people that don't know football, and they don't spend enough, but it's the coach's fault when they lose?

Seems like a weird thing to blame on Marvin Lewis. If the team is that mismanaged above him, the fact that they're ever competitive -- and they have been (on and off) over those years -- is pretty impressive.

Prior to this year, playoffs 7 out of 11 times, 7 winning seasons, 10+ wins 6 times (including the last 4 years in a row), overall winning record... This isn't the resume of a loser.

I think he's a solid coach saddled with difficulties, most of which you've mentioned. Not sure why you think another coach would fare better if the organization is as bad as you say.

He's a good coach - but he has lost the team. Similar to caps letting BB go. Sometimes things run their coarse.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I don't know how that guy lives with himself. yeah yeah, money. whatever. He's a turd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad