OT: Washington [Insert Team Name Here] 2020 Season Thread 10: Kickers are the best athletes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

ESPN with a hit piece? Also, a rerun of the Alex Smith Project airs at 4pm before this in ESPN 2. Set your DVRs

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Goes from a 3-13 team to 3-12-1

Moving up in the world!

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
The only player I’m truly disappointed the most was the S Sean Davis. Apke stinks. He just does. I would’ve kept another S and figured out the rest.

Skins have some serious issues in a few places. S, LT, and WR.

They won’t be a good team. They may win more games than we expect, and maybe surprise some people, as the coaching delta from last year to this year should be worth 2 wins minimum, IMO.

so what was a 3-6 win team last year, should be a 5-8 win team win this year. If ALL goes well, I see 9 wins as the top. Unless Haskins has a breakout Sophomore year, which is what we all want.

meh

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
The only player I’m truly disappointed the most was the S Sean Davis. Apke stinks. He just does. I would’ve kept another S and figured out the rest.

Camp reports are Apke has looked good and Davis stunk and why he was cut. Actually Kamern Curl made Davis expendable. Not Apke.

This year looks and sounds like the first year of a true top/down rebuild. That means favoring young drafted players over older vets. Apke a good example.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Camp reports are Apke has looked good and Davis stunk and why he was cut. Actually Kamern Curl made Davis expendable. Not Apke.

This year looks and sounds like the first year of a true top/down rebuild. That means favoring young drafted players over older vets. Apke a good example.
I hope Apke proves me wrong, I watch a fair share of Penn state games and he never stood out to me. Thought he was drafted way too early

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I hope Apke proves me wrong, I watch a fair share of Penn state games and he never stood out to me. Thought he was drafted way too early

Raw from a technique side coming out of college. Used his speed to make up for bad positioning, not knowing where to go. 3 years of NFL level coaching has helped. having said that, it’s all training camp reports. How he does when it counts is TBD.

Reactions: max21

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA

Apke and Davis are like 18mo apart in age. So you can’t consider one a “young drafted players” vs “an older vet”. They are both young.

neither was drafted by the new regime. One was actually acquired by the new regime. Which is why I have to pause when I saw him get cut.

I think it’s simply a position of weakness for the team. Keeping Davis would’ve made a lot of sense to me, as he was inexpensive and on a “prove it” deal.

he must have been truly awful in camp to get cut. All things considered.

Last edited:

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Apke and Davis are like 18mo apart in age. So you can’t consider one a “young drafted players” vs “an older vet”. They are both young.

neither was drafted by the new regime. One was actually acquired by the new regime. Which is why I have to pause when I saw him get cut.

I think it’s simply a position of weakness for the team. Keeping Davis would’ve made a lot of sense to me, as he was inexpensive and on a “prove it” deal.

he must have been truly awful in camp to get cut. All things considered.

Didn’t know Davis’s age, just figured he was a multi year Vet. But only 18 months older? JP and others said he didn’t have a good camp. So it wasn’t a youth vs age decision. Just good vs bad.

Reactions: Ridley Simon

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
People flipped out over some early positives in the NBA, in MLB, and pre-season NFL. And they all seem to be moving along, as is WNBA, MLS, NASCAR, PGA, etc.... Mind blowing how the B10/Pac10 can hold fast to a sinking ship. It could all still blow up, but right now it looks very possible.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I'm going into this year optimistic once again. I think we scrape an 8 and 8 finish. Haskins has a solid year and we stay healthier than we have the past couple years, that's my prediction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad