OT: Washington [Insert Team Name Here] 2020 Season Thread 10: Kickers are the best athletes

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Obvious move on AP.

He's a middle of the pack RB with limited functionality in Turner's offense.

Develop Gibson and Love.

Lose for Lawrence.

Fail for Fields.
I don't get your obsession in wanting Haskins to stink but I respect your unwavering commitment to it.

Best case scenario is Haskins looks like a stud and the defense looks as advertised but they lose a lot of really close, competitive games and can draft a guy like Penei Sewell or Ja'Marr Chase.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Why is foster still on the roster? He’s hasn't played a game in 2.5 years since getting him...
Because he'd be the best player on the defense if he was healthy and there's no harm in letting him try to get his athleticism back. Chase Young will hopefully be better than him but he would be a force at ILB if healthy. Look at Jaylon Smith in Dallas: horrific knee injury at the end of 2015, drafted in 2016 by Dallas, spent all of 2016 on IR, and came back slowly in the 2017 season before becoming a stud and signing a 5 year, $64M extension in 2018.

Foster hurt himself last May so it's been ~15 months since his injury. Considering some guys need to be inactive on game day anyway and he's got a ton of potential I have no problem burning a spot for him to see if he can get his game back. He's only 26 and could be a fixture at LB for a while if he gets it back.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

Trey had a good run for being Mr Irrelevant. Can see him finding his way to Jacksonville.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Wonder if camp is really the heavily weighted proving ground it seems to be for RR, or just a convenient reason to give when cutting guys.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
I don't get your obsession in wanting Haskins to stink but I respect your unwavering commitment to it.

Best case scenario is Haskins looks like a stud and the defense looks as advertised but they lose a lot of really close, competitive games and can draft a guy like Penei Sewell or Ja'Marr Chase.

I'm fine with teams tanking in this Covid year. Especially with a potential great QB like Lawrence that could fall in our laps. The whole year in sports is an odd one, and I expect the NFL season to be no different. It's like its not a real season. Just a figment of our imagination. ;)

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia

I don't want Haskins to stink.

I would love for him to blossom into a Top 5 QB, and the Skins to use their #1 pick on P. Sewell or Chase.

I couldn't write a better scenario.

I just think it's very likely the team finishes bottom 3 with the opportunity to draft one of Lawrence or Fields.

And both look better than Dwayne.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

Expect Love to get placed on IR. He needed to be on the 53 man roster to be able to be put on the IR with designation to return.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

McKissic was a WR in college.

Not unexpected. It takes around a year and a half to come back from knee surgery. Love a good example. And Foster had major reconstruction. He may never get back to his pre-injury performance level.

LBs who hit with bad intentions are a valuable commodity.

Last edited:
Reactions: Beef Invictus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad